• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post Pics of your bags and contents

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregC

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Please post some pictures of your possibles bags as well as the contents. I am looking for ideas.

Thanks

Greg

8738P3220022.jpg

8738P3220023.jpg

8738P3220024.jpg

Loaded to go weight is 2 lb 10 oz by my postal scale.

a Swampy Bag..

rcbag29-1.jpg

rcbag28.jpg

a R. Stroh ballpuller/worm..ALWAYS!

ballpullerworm.jpg

an a Soggy (made, not damp!) primin horn..

PRIMER2.jpg

an Pitchy Pine knives! ( in there now!!replaced storebought..)

pitchykifes006.jpg

it's awesome! know where everything is w/o lookin...an w/o gettin poked! :shocked2:
everything ever needed...so far! :wink:

I just carry simple stuff in a simple homemade canvas bag. From top left, clockwise ”“ ball bag, cleaning tin, patch tin w/ mink oil tin inside, knapper, antlered patch knife made from an old steak knife ($0.50 @ flea market), and flint wallet.

Inside the cleaning tin I carry 20-gauge brushes, breech scraper, ball puller, wire patch puller, toothpicks to plug the touchhole, button jag, and some lengths of pipe cleaner.

Many times I'll just thread some lubed square patches on a piece of yarn that dangles off the bag strap, throw a few loose balls into the pocket of the bag, and just go on a woodswalk like that, while throwing the tins into my haversack back @ camp.

Possibles-Bag3.jpg

Possibles-Bag2.jpg

Possibles-Bag1.JPG

My swampy bag.I had to do some modifications to get my overgrown horn to fit and I added a patch knife sheath to the strap (sorry swampy! :grin: )While I was butchering it up I went ahead and added the iron rings too!
Picture091.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Lookin real good! Some people are never satisfied Swampy.
Another great looking horn from Last o the Mohicans.
A super rig.
Dusty :surrender:

Thanks! Thats the horn I burned through the side when I was doing the spout hole! :redface: The end is turned maple from the engrailing to the tip!

Nice thread!

Great looking gear!

I really like the idea of using small tins, to hold the small stuff, instead of digging around!

This reminds me, that I need to organize all my stuff by caliber. I have so many different calibers, and it's all mixed up :(

You posted a great topic. I have really enjoyed the pics and got a lot of ideas. I hope to see a lot more. Thanks to all.

Now away back when its said the forest was park like n I can believe it after seeing areas browsed off by too many deer. Everything from about 5 or 6 foot down is pretty much eaten away. Reason I brought this up is back east here I've found that with the brush, green briars, multiflora rose etc anything long n dangling on your person or equipment ends up being a real pain in the a@@, the brush constently grabs hold of it n tries to tear it off your sholder or away from ya in some way. Now this may not be a factor out west but ya may want to think about it east of the Big Muddy.Most guys I know or have run with keep everything high n tight to the body with no extra wangs, straps, fancy braids etc hanging off anything on their bags, horns or cloths. All the fancy decorations sure look pretty at vous or the range but drive ya crazy trying to go cross country n brush busting when hunting. Just some thoughts when designing stuff ya carry. YMHS Birdman

I tote this old elkskin pouch. The horn hooks through slits in the pouch strap with "buttons" made from scrap horn. I only shoot 2 guns (both CVA percussions) so the necessaries work for both. I just switch the balls and patches when I go from .45 to .50cal.

DSC00841.jpg

Back