• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Poll: What do you use your muzzleloader for?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you primarily use your muzzleloader for?

• Hunting

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Target Shooting

Votes: 46 24.0%
  • Both

Votes: 129 67.2%

• Total voters
There's a great deal of truth in that.

Deer meat is several hundred dollars a pound after all the guns and the gear and the land lease to hunt on.

If it weren't for private property, I'd never hunt.

Too many mouth breathers roaming public lands.
I am always surprised to hear that. Land here in Upstate NY that used to be “crowded” is now empty. I have ten acres in the middle of 8000 acres of public, and I hunt the public without seeing anyone all season.

I use it to accompany me when visiting relatives at their deer camp. I let them shoot it at night and we film it.
I mainly perforate paper, vainly attempting to group the perforations together in the location of my choosing. On the rare occasion I achieve this, I brag profusely to everyone. I also fiddle with loads, sights etc. in the endeavor to manipulate the aforementioned perforations…as a source of frustration.
I also shoot the occasional deer.

I use my rifle for hunting , shotgun for clays and hunting, cap and ball pistols for target, hunting and side arm in the woods.

These days I enjoy the shop time when building, looking at them on the wall which I do often, and occasionally even taking them for a run on the range on the back of the property. All my pals, who've watched them get built and seen them fired think they and I are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Not one of them would go near a traditional m/l for their own use. I think they just enjoy watching me suffer.

Back