• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Please recommend a good game camera

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your spy point getting moisture in it. I am running 6 of them in Iowa and it also gets hot and humid here. So far no issues with how the cameras work.

The one thing that I heard negative on Spypoint before I bought was their customer service is not good. I have called them a couple of times and can attest that their customer service is not that great.

Fleener

Yea I was really disappointed with that camera. a friend gave it to me new in the box. he had a house being built in Georgia in the boonies and had some cameras around it because he lives in Fl. this guy is a good friend and is loaded so it was nothing to give me a $160.00 camera.
whenI told him what happened he said yea, I had another one do that too and said he didn't have the receipt, just toss it.
later I looked on Amazon and a lot of the reviews talked of water leaking in.

I just buy cameras off Amazon now kind of based on reviews and have been pretty lucky so far. I have seven cameras on my place right now.
when my Spypoint finally died, at that point water actuall ran out when I opened it but it only rained twice. when I first put it out the humidity was in the 80s-90s but somehow the condensation got behind the lens and into the circuit boards.
here's a picture of the innards at 3 months old.

mSI0xns.jpg

I’ve got 5 Tactacam, mostly the XB model and 1 X-Pro. They take okay daytime pictures but I haven’t been impressed with the nighttime pictures. They send a picture automatically and you have the option to request a video if you set them to take one. I like that they have a gps tracker in them so you can see where they are.
I’ve also got 20 assorted cheap cameras, some WGI’s, Stealth Cams and Moultries. They all work more or less but I wouldn’t recommend any of them.
3403D137-B4F3-41B4-AA7B-96D83CA2C9BB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back