• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Planned to build a Kibler but couldn’t pass this up.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case you don't know , a fine lookin' rifle gun like yourn has another built in feature ya can enjoy. Git yerself a can of Minwax "Special Dark" Furniture Wax. On a crappy day ya can't git ta the range , or the deer stand , or any other reason , put a fine coat of wax on her. Good maintenance for a fine finish.........oldwood

The Rifle’s a beauty but what’s up with that immaculate workbench?!?
Well I appreciate the complement, I do love my little gun room. I built it primarily as a reloading bench but I use it for pictures and for light projects too. The dirty work of gun cleaning, stock refinishing, leather work, powder horns etc is done on a smaller bench on the other side of the room. The centerpiece of this bench is the old Gerstner W52 tool chest my dad gave me a few years ago. It’s absolutely perfect for this use and looks great too.
89BCFDDE-8457-4D4E-9947-925798FF16C1.jpeg
CDF31A79-83E7-444A-9C94-D200B1D95164.jpeg

Last edited:
In case you don't know , a fine lookin' rifle gun like yourn has another built in feature ya can enjoy. Git yerself a can of Minwax "Special Dark" Furniture Wax. On a crappy day ya can't git ta the range , or the deer stand , or any other reason , put a fine coat of wax on her. Good maintenance for a fine finish.........oldwood
Hmm. I’ll keep that in mind. I was just gona rub it down with boiled linseed oil every now and again.

One of my pet peeves is the basic lock mortise, as I've seen too many custom stocked and very expensive rifles with poorly done (imho) lock inletting and shaping of the mortise, but very good to excellent embellishments and inlays.

Yours looks like your builder did a fine job on the basics and the embellishments. You did well in your selection.

LD

@Bluegrass, I would have found it very difficult to pass that rifle up too. Late flint period when all the decorative caring was going out of style but before the machinery was in place for milling straight barrels.
Thinking late 18th century Pennsylvania. Lancaster or Berks County by the cheek piece and Moravian star.

Back