• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pillow ticking

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2571 said:
Besides, consistency is the key to accuracy in bp shooting.
:wink: , your right :thumbsup:
FWIW, I use denim and the dry lube method so the lube is throughout the fabric,, but I always face the fabric the same way when I load.

Yes, there can be seen stripes on both sides,, but a typical warp faced weave plainly discerns a "front" and "back" of the fabric,, the stripes and color are bold on one side and not the other.

Yeah buddy. Pillowticking is awesome. Get a roll of some of that stuff, cut it into strips about 1" wide.

Then, when you're at the range you can stand there with the strand in your mouth, soaking it with spit while you load your charge, and when you're ready, take your pen-knife and just cut your patch and take it from your mouth and load the shot. Start chewing on the next section of that pillowticking strip, rinse and repeat.

I find this combo of patch/lube to be the best as far as accuracy, AND.... keeping the bore it's cleanest!

Thanks folks, we went to two different places and bought two different types of the stuff, a yard each. Have washed them once, now on to the second wash. I'll use each and see what works best. The wife got some that's thicker than what I bought, so we'll see what happens. You've all been a great help, and I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Back