• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Peter Dyson & Son in the UK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I needed new mainspring for my original Colt 1851 Navy revolver. The usual suppliers of factory original parts didn't have any so I contacted Lodgewood Mfg. The gunsmith Dave Stavlo advised me that the Italian reproductions aren't strong enough for the Colt originals and they didn't have any and to try and find an original on Ebay. So I had a look on Ebay, didn't find anything I liked or trusted so I fired up the GOOGLE machine and found a gunsmith in the UK that makes copies of original mainsprings that would have been included in cased Colts from that time period. I ordered them, paid on my cc and they arrived yesterday. The craftsmanship is amazing and they fit my revolver perfectly. Took about 2 weeks to get them. I certainly would purchase from them again.

Attachments

• IMG_4128.jpg
    IMG_4128.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4129.jpg
    IMG_4129.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4130.jpg
    IMG_4130.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 0
I needed new mainspring for my original Colt 1851 Navy revolver. The usual suppliers of factory original parts didn't have any so I contacted Lodgewood Mfg. The gunsmith Dave Stavlo advised me that the Italian reproductions aren't strong enough for the Colt originals and they didn't have any and to try and find an original on Ebay. So I had a look on Ebay, didn't find anything I liked or trusted so I fired up the GOOGLE machine and found a gunsmith in the UK that makes copies of original mainsprings that would have been included in cased Colts from that time period. I ordered them, paid on my cc and they arrived yesterday. The craftsmanship is amazing and they fit my revolver perfectly. Took about 2 weeks to get them. I certainly would purchase from them again.
I first heard of this company some time in the 1980's when DGW was selling some of their gunsmithing tools. I eventually purchased a few and though a touch pricey, found them also to be of excellent quality. Those tools still serve me well about 40 years later, which has made them an excellent value.

I actually met Peter in person at the Arms Faire held during the 1996 World International Muzzleloading Championships and was delighted to have done so. Real Parker Hale parts had dried up here in the U.S. and I had scraped as much as I could whilst hoping to find some parts still there in the UK. Well, sad to say, the parts there were all but also gone, except for some being made by Peter's Company. I bought some of their mainsprings, sear springs, side lock screws and tang screws. It was a joy to use them on real Parker Hale and original Enfields. Wished I could have bought more at the time.

So I too most highly recommend this company.

Gus

Latest posts

Back