• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Personalizing YOUR Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMF Browner and degreaser is very easy. Easy to follow instructions. Just make sure you have some humidity. I use my bathroom.

dodgecity said:
I favor a silver thumb spot with my initial engraved.

Also to be a little different from the norm, use a piece of real Ivory in place of silver or brass for a thumb piece or any other inlay. You can get a suitable piece of Mammoth Ivory that doesant cost all that much off the net.

Many Klatch said:
Just a word of warning about the tacks. If you have a full beard, the tacks will catch on individual hairs and pull them out when the recoil pushes the gun back. My Bess had tacks for about 4 shots when I decided enough was enough.

Many Klatch

Beard or tacks? :rotf:

". If you have a full beard, the tacks will catch on individual hairs and pull them out when the recoil pushes the gun back."

You can have the best of both worlds ....just shave one side of your face. :shocked2:

I think you should leave it alone & shoot it as it is. Good chance you will later on want to upgrade to something else & if you personalize it, you will devalue it. Also, once it is tacked you will most likely never be able to cover the tracks ? Those lil tack holes are there for good unless you stain it almost black. Oh I have seen some come close to covering them but they are still there. I know one guy that worked a month on his trying to cover them & no success. He could have made a new stock with the time he had trying to cover the tack holes ! :surrender:

It's tuff to personalize a "53" Enfield, that you use for civil war reenacting. Since most of all guns used during the civil war was gov't issue just as today, it might be considered defacing gov't property. It wasn't your gun to keep you were just borrowing it for the duration. So what I did on my Enfield was do as suggested above. I removed the butt plate and engraved on the stock and stamped on the inside of the plate. I dated it for purchase and my initials- Hey you have to ID somehow incase of theft. Also you can use your Drivers License, or even some other form like your wifes birthdate (that way you will never forget).

Latest posts

Back