• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion shotgun double barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up an ole wall hanger, double barrel percussion shotgun. It has alot of old surface rust that has hidden any manufacturing marks. The muzzle of the two barrels have had parts eroded away.However in the right light you can see scroll work on the lock plate. I'm hoping that some one can help me identify this shotgun, I'd appreciate your help. That's,...black powder newby. I trying to attach some pictures but as you can see black powder is not the only thing I'm new at.

you'll definitely need to show pics. Particularly of the underside of the barrels on the breech end. This is where the proof marks will be. If you need to and feel inclined clean them up a little with steel wool to make them more visible.

Without a makers mark somewhere the proof marks are what will give you the majority of your information on the gun. Also, particularly with Belgian guns some makers put their mark alongside the proof marks and it will often be mistaken for such.

This is what we're looking for.
IMG_1173.jpg

Back