• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

perc pistol - need help ID'ng

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When in doubt or stumped on a ml question, who does one turn too? Answer: the good people on this here forum! So I'm stumped and need your help in identifying
a pistol.
I got this cased set several years ago in a trade and it's previous owner had no info on it and was not interested in either learning about it or in keeping it as he's not into bp. No markings on the gun or the case. Walnut stocked, rifled 8" round barrel in .36 cal, double set triggers (checkout the reverse front, brass lockplate, brass breechplug & tang (!), and brass furniture. Drum & nipple ignition. Rear sight is an elevator sight like those found on early .22 boy's rifles. Came with the case and accessories, and was made to go together. Case is mahogany. Pretty high quality work. I have a feeling this was made after WW2, probably the '50's, but I can find nothing on it. Looked in my old Muzzleblast mags checking the ads going back thru the fifties to the 1940s along with Dixie Gun Works catalogs back to when Turner was first starting out in the early '50's. Thought I might find an ad or listing as it seems to be a production piece, albeit perhaps small production. Nothing. Anyone ever see a set/pistol like this?before? Maker?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
Bob

dueler1.jpg

dueler2.jpg

dueler4.jpg

Sorry, can't help with identifying, but it does have a 50's look to me too. Never saw a lock with the bolts or screws on the hammer side. Who ever the maker was they sure liked brass! Is that a brass screw that is holding the hammaer on?

Thomas

Who ever the maker was they sure liked brass! Is that a brass screw that is holding the hammer on?
Thomas,
Yeah, that's a brass hammer screw. :agree:Whoever made it certainly did like brass. Thanks for your input.
bob

Latest posts

Back