• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to change the lock or you want to change the gun so it can use a flintlock?

Anything can be done but the amount of work it would take to change a percussion lock into a flint lock would not be easy.
It would need a pan for the prime, a frizzen/pan cover and the screw to hold it in the right place and a frizzen spring (feather spring) to control the position of the frizzen. The cock and cock jaw might be fairly easy to find. Dixie Gun Works used to carry them but I don't know if they still have them.

Not to mention properly drilling and tapping for a flash hole in the side of the barrel at the pan location.

Buy a proper flintlock if you want one.

wm

I have a RMH and I would not try to convert it to Flintlock. If you were asking about a gun that had a drum and nipple setup like a Pedersoli Frontier rifle, then the conversion, in theory, is not too difficult and again, in theory, you can just purchase a flint lock that matches the current percussion lock in shape and plunk it in after removing the drum and putting in a touch hole liner. But when you have a breech with a snail setup it would be much more difficult to convert. Like Zonie said, anything is possible but sometimes probably not worth it.

Latest posts

Back