• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Manufacturing Date

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevew

40 Cal
Reaction score
Just pucrhased a Pedersoli 12 guage double with 1137 stamped on the barrell just under the black powder only stamp. Does anyone know what this means and can it be used to find out how old this shot gun is?
Thanks,
Stevew

Dates used to be two letters in a box, don't know about now, but someone said they just stamp the year outright??? Surely you will get the true scoop on this site; always someone who's up on things!

Last edited:
Without pictures of the shotgun, markings in particular, I can only offer you the following. I suspect 1137 is the serial number so it will be an older Pedersoli dating from the early 1970's, maybe late 1960's.

For more information you will need to pull the barrel assembly and look for markings on the bottom at the breech end. If dating from 1975, you will see the letters AA in a box. If older than 1975, look for XX8 (1972, for example) NOT in a box.

I would be interested in knowing what you find. I have heard various sources saying shotgun production starting anywhere from 1968 to 1972. The earliest Pedersoli double shotgun I have personally seen was in the 12000 serial range and was made in 1978, also a 12 gauge.

If all else fails, e-mail Pedersoli customer service, they have answered manufacturing dates for me on two occasions.

Upon inspection of the barrels it has the XX8 stamped and also has 18.3 on both barrels. also has Marietta Ohio. I will try to get pics tonight. The gun is in really good condition and the stock in my opinion is much nicer than what I see on newer ones. I have not weighed it yet but it can't weigh more than 5.5 lbs.

Just pucrhased a Pedersoli 12 guage double with 1137 stamped on the barrell just under the black powder only stamp. Does anyone know what this means and can it be used to find out how old this shot gun is?
Thanks,
Stevew
The earliest Pedersoli double shotgun I have personally seen was in the 12000 serial range and was made in 1978, also a 12 gauge.
Likely a serial number. Photographs of it and the stampings on the bottom of the barrels would identify the date it was proofed. Or compare the date code stamping yourself with the link @Britsmoothy posted.

My Pedersoli 12 gauge double proofed in 1978 (AD date code) weighs in at just under 6 pounds, 5.8 pounds if I recall correctly (don’t have my data sheet in front of me). It has a serial number in the 500 range. The ‘blackpowder only’ stamp is on the bottom of the barrels.

Latest posts

Back