• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Indian Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trench

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a smoothbore for my next flinter. Has anyone any experience with the Pedersoli Indian Trade Gun or the kit? I saw one on Dixie Gun Works for $575.
I'd also like some tips on what size ball and patch works best in your .62 smoothbore.

:shocked2: Over a thousand clams for that baby up here in the Far Frozen. :youcrazy:

A friend of mine has one, it's not a real close copy of a Northwest gun. Would be alot better if it had a decent looking sideplate, but it has a very funky looking dragon. Other than that, it seems reasonably well made. My friend put a rear sight on his, helped immensly he said.

Rod

Trench, You'll have to work with the patch/ball combination a bit. I've had a couple of .62 cal smoothbores. One liked a .595 round ball and the other a .600. I used a .15 thousands patch for both. I find any more that for a smoothbore I like a smaller round ball and thicker patch. It's easier to load in the field and accuracy doesn't suffer that much.

That's the smoothie I am currently shooting.
I love the feel of that gun however I have only recently found the right ball/patch combo thanks to some help from a few of the boys on this forum.

I am now shooting a 60 ball with a .020 patch. I was using a.015 patch for ease of loading but since stepping up to the.020 my accuracy has definitely increases. My patches are no longer showing the signs of blow by. I am now confident enough with this combo to take it to PA next week for the opening of the Flintlock only season.
I can't wait! I hope to be posting pictures of some deer even if I don't get to harvest one.

Back