• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Flint Pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CrackStock,Got jt on the spring.My "old tired eyes an weak mind,missed the fact you where refering to the return spring. :redface:
Sorry you are having problems w/ your Ped. Besides the 2 pistols (& 1 more on order) I own a no. of their rifles & I have found them to be very good quality for "production guns.The only other thing I have found, is that the bores need to be "lapped (but then,with the exception of my "customs" I've lapped all of my guns.)
I hope that you will not let this cause you to stop shooting "muzzle stuffers"Like yourself, I come out of another "disipline"(mainly "wheel guns")I think that once you do a little work on the lock, you will be pleased.If you realy want a "beautiful"trigger set up, get a "set trigger"(still should hone it :imo:)My choice is the "Mortimer"(because of the grip & balance ) another would be a " LaPage"
let use know how things are going.
Puffer

LOL -- I figgered that you just misread it, but I did not want you to think that I did not know either. :)

I think that it is safe to say that I will not give up MLs anytime soon. Got 10 built guns (Only 5 built by someone else.) and parts for 2 more complete guns and a lot of other parts just because...

As to Pedersoli, I have a thick hide and will watch how this comes out, but so far -- so good. Cherry's offered to make it right without any trouble. Will only cost the return postage which seems reasonable to me.

I watched the Pedersoli propaganda film and actually enjoyed it. I have my eye on the LePage for down the road if I stay with the pistols. But then, if I go the serious ML pistol competition route, I think that it will be with an underhammer. Sadly, the one that I would want would be in .40 cal and these are pricey compared to the .36.

However, I may go the opposite extreme. I also have been admiring the Tryon or another long range rifle.

Thanks for your help here Puffer and in the PM. Gonna try to make the next one better with that info.

CS

CS, :thanks:
As to a "long range rifle -- My favorite rifle is a Ped..50cal. Tyron. @ a recent Rondy ,the "trail walk was 1/2 mile long, w/ 22 targets , set out in a "nat" setting,(down in the gullies up on the hill etc.) Only 2 were close range, a spring & a 6"er (one of my 2 misses was the 6"er.)The rest were 2 @ 75, a mix of 100 -200 yd.ers & 2 @ appox. 300 yd.s (one down slope, one up.)Both were 8"x 36"gas cylenders. Example -- Loaded w/ 90gr.(reg. 80gr.@ 100 +)aimed appox.10"high, hit dead center.(got the other one also,ended uo 20 out of 22. NO brag, just 1 of those days Murphy stayed home)The point is,this gun likes long range. 1 draw back, it dosen't like shorties,25 -50 (at least in my hands)For matches w/ short range targets (-100 yd.s) I use my Jager or "heven" forbid my TC Hawkins.
Puffer

With all this talk I also took advantage of Cherry's clearance on the S-310-50 at $195 + $15---you cannot hardly beat that as the kits are more expensive. They told me that Pedersoli was closed for August and wouldn't even think about shipping until Mid-September. The gun is absolutley fine and well made without any tool marks, scratches or dings. I took the lock off and did some "clean-up" with a fine hone, found a couple of rub spots on the trigger and guard, little Tetra Grease in the right spots---while the trigger is not my Hammerli 160 Free Pistol---it doesn't need more than four pounds to release. And I frankly like the whole nine yards about this gun. While at Dixon's this past weekend I saw flint pistols at TVM at $450+, and a nice flint pistol kit with Siler Lock, choice of triggers and GM Barrel---at $295---but then figure a 96 hour plus finishing time---I think Pedersoli is a fantastic deal. :applause:

Latest posts

Back