• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Pedersoli Brown Bess…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I purchased this supposedly unfired Brown Bess years ago. At the time I didn't know the manufacturer until a knowledgeable person on this site told me it is a Pedersoli. I have never fired it and has been in my closet. Nothing in the barrel but dust.
Price is $1250.00 plus $75.00 to the US only. Payment by USPS Postal Money Order, Venmo or Paypal Friends and Family. Shipping will be USPS Ground Advantage after the Easter Holiday.

Attachments

• IMG_9517.jpeg
    IMG_9517.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9519.jpeg
    IMG_9519.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9520.jpeg
    IMG_9520.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9521.jpeg
    IMG_9521.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9522.jpeg
    IMG_9522.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is it chrome plated? Never seen a Pedersoli finished like that. Has a Pedersoli Grice marked lock or one that looks like a Pedersoli lock. It has the shine of an Indian made Bess. If it’s a Pedersoli it WILL be stamped Pedersoli.

Last edited:
I was told years ago it was made for Navy Arms. I never seen an Indian gun with beautiful walnut stock or serial numbers. A member here said it was made by Pedersoli. I will put this on hold until I get it verified.

If it’s Pedersoli it will have Italian proof marks on the barrel.

Please show these proof marks. This does not look like any Pedersoli I have seen. Everything points to this being an Indian made musket, worth maybe half of your asking price if so.

I was told years ago it was made for Navy Arms. I never seen an Indian gun with beautiful walnut stock or serial numbers. A member here said it was made by Pedersoli. I will put this on hold until I get it verified.
Navy Arms made a bunch back in the 70s, importing the lock and barrel but making the stocks in the States. I doubt there'd be any Pedersoli marks, or proof marks.

I have one myself, with a lock marked Stowe.223167-IMG-20230505-065134308.jpg

If it’s Pedersoli it will have Italian proof marks on the barrel.

Please show these proof marks. This does not look like any Pedersoli I have seen. Everything points to this being an Indian made musket, worth maybe half of your asking price if so.
I never removed the barrel but will try after Easter. That is why it is on hold.

Agreed, let me know if it a pedersoli or not. Nevertheless, I am interested in purchasing it.

Navy Arms would make sense. I haven't seen any of those though. I'm interested in finding out what it is.

I am hesitant about driving the pins out since they look untouched, but what else could you do. I wish someone could make sense of the marking on the lock. It is a perfect oval so I don’t think it is an unintentional ding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back