• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Baby Power Flask Problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadriver

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hey guys I was excited to get this flask to go with my .32 cal Pedersoli Scout. However, when I got it one of the small screw was stripped out and the return spring for the valve is so weak it won’t return to the closed position. It also has rough spots in its travel when opening and closing. Another thing I noticed is that it leaks powder? I never had a flask so I don’t know if it’s normal or not. I took a picture showing just how far the plate on the underside of the cap is away from the caps surface. What should I do? Try and fix it or return it? I was expecting a lot better from Pedersoli.
24A9434A-BDA1-43E7-8813-612D43E0F5CB.jpeg

I know right, even the thumb lever looks rough. Think it’s a fluke or what? Trying to decide if I should take the chance on another one.

The baby powder flask is a small flask often associated with the pocket pistols.

I too think this flask should be returned.

I don't recommend that you use the flask for loading your rifle. You should be using the flask to fill a volume measure. The load should be poured from the measure into the barrel.

Does anyone know of a high quality small flask? I don’t like the rounds ones, I had one years ago and it never fit right in my possibles bag. The flat one fits perfectly, plus this particular one holds plenty of powder for a day hunt for a .32.

Replica Colt pistol flasks are available for reasonable dollars. Check out "black powder flask" on flea bay.

Send that one back for a replacement. I have a number of flasks from Pedersoli and none have problems. I cut the spout back on a small Colt flask and used it for priming for years.

I would just get a small powder horn and a small powder measure of the appropriate charge.

I can’t find a decent powder horn small enough. I don’t know how a powder horn would fair with our Pa winters. I have a large one but never used it. I was looking at horns at first but could find any of good quality that were affordable. Hense why I bought the flask.

I live in NE Indiana and our winters aren’t much different. All I use is a powder horn and measure and I don’t have any problem in winter. There are some folks here that make good powder horns and I’m sure you could get one from them at a reasonable price.

Hey guys I was excited to get this flask to go with my .32 cal Pedersoli Scout. However, when I got it one of the small screw was stripped out and the return spring for the valve is so weak it won’t return to the closed position. It also has rough spots in its travel when opening and closing. Another thing I noticed is that it leaks powder? I never had a flask so I don’t know if it’s normal or not. I took a picture showing just how far the plate on the underside of the cap is away from the caps surface. What should I do? Try and fix it or return it? I was expecting a lot better from Pedersoli.View attachment 104016

Measure the internal diameter with an accurate caliper. I think I have an extra flask head around here somewhere. If they are the same size you can have it.

Measure the internal diameter with an accurate caliper. I think I have an extra flask head around here somewhere. If they are the same size you can have it.

It look like 0.948

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 29
Look at this, all I did was open and close the valve!!! It broke!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 28
Back