• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Pedersoli 1859 Sharps Infantry Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pedersoli 1859 Sharps Infantry Rifle .54 Cal
Unfired, with Box. Beautiful color case hardened mountings, patch box and receiver. Perfect bore, 1:48" twist, smooth tight action, nicely figured stock. Includes sling as pictured. Weighs just over 9lbs so a bit lighter than the advertised 10lbs. LOP is about 14". There's a ton of good content out there on YouTube now for shooting these. These don't appear to be available currently so if you were thinking about getting one this is a great opportunity.
$1500 Shipping Included
PXL_20220821_181902658.jpg
PXL_20220821_181911260.jpg
PXL_20220821_181920154.jpg
PXL_20220821_181928880.jpg
PXL_20220821_181956346.jpg
PXL_20220821_182003247.jpg
PXL_20220821_182025692.jpg
PXL_20220821_182035856.jpg
PXL_20220821_182041106.jpg
PXL_20220821_182222052.jpg

Hello,

Are the scratches on the right side of the shoulder stock just finish scratches that can be rubbed out, or do they go into the wood? Also, on the barrel picture in the second set of images, is the area in front of the frontmost barrel band just reflections from the bright image or wear/cleaning lines?

Thanks.

Hello,

Are the scratches on the right side of the shoulder stock just finish scratches that can be rubbed out, or do they go into the wood? Also, on the barrel picture in the second set of images, is the area in front of the frontmost barrel band just reflections from the bright image or wear/cleaning lines?

Thanks.
The scratches show up really well in pictures but they are pretty light/faint in person and are not deep. More like a scuff just on the surface. No doubt from when it was on the rack somewhere. I think they would be easy to tone down even more, though if you actually use the gun it's likely to get bigger handling marks than that. The wear on the barrel is from the bands, they have a little play same as every other pedersoli I've had and it shows on a blued barrel.

So explain please

If loaded up, From the muzzle… and you move the lever to drop down the action…. Wouldn’t the charge dump out?

I had a Pedersoli’s Similar Unmentionable. I’m just trying to understand this exquisite rifle

So explain please

If loaded up, From the muzzle… and you move the lever to drop down the action…. Wouldn’t the charge dump out?

I had a Pedersoli’s Similar Unmentionable. I’m just trying to understand this exquisite rifle
Yes I imagine it would but there's no reason to open the breech once it's loaded. Regardless of which end you're loading from. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back