• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parker Hale Enfield Musketoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mag318

32 Cal
Reaction score
Picked this PH Enfield Musketoon up this afternoon and the previous owner preserved it with what appears to be RIG or some cosmo line type gunk. Here are some before photos. I took the carbine apart and I'm in the process of cleaning all the preservative off so I can shoot this neat little Musketoon. I had one of these years ago and regret selling it so I found this one and grabbed it. When it's all clean and polished up I'll post some after photos. Can't wait to get this to the range.
DSC01265.jpeg
DSC01264.jpeg
DSC01263.jpeg
DSC01266.jpeg
DSC01256.jpeg

So, @mag318 - did you finally get that pop gun to the range? I like my PH musketoon but I think I’m just a bit more accurate with my PH 1858 Enfield.

I picked up a Miroku 1863 Springfield that had what I thought was light surface rust on everything. I thought I would have to do some serious cleaning to remove it all and then maybe I would have an OK gun. At the price I paid I thought it was worth the risk. It turned out that the rust was some kind of dried out and discolored “preservative” like WD40 that had been applied many years before. It took a lot of acetone and paper towels to clean it all but underneath was a lightly used reenactor’s gun that had only ever fired blanks, and it’s a beauty worth three times what I paid for it. Good luck with your musketoon and please share your range results!

No range trip yet as I'm waiting for a little cooler weather. Plus I bought another PH 2 band musket with the Musketoon that I haven't got out of my favorite shop yet. But here is what it looks like, I think they call these the Navy Model, it definitely shorter that the full length 3 band musket. With my last Muskegon I owned years ago I used a .577 Mini ball from a Lyman would and 60 grains of FFG. I imagine the longer barreled PH will be somewhat more accurate.
DSC01252.jpeg
DSC01247.jpeg

No range trip yet as I'm waiting for a little cooler weather. Plus I bought another PH 2 band musket with the Musketoon that I haven't got out of my favorite shop yet. But here is what it looks like, I think they call these the Navy Model, it definitely shorter that the full length 3 band musket. With my last Muskegon I owned years ago I used a .577 Mini ball from a Lyman would and 60 grains of FFG. I imagine the longer barreled PH will be somewhat more accurate.View attachment 240300View attachment 240299
A wonderful pair, Mag318! Great condition too. Yes, a range report when you are done, please? That's a whole lot of fun right there ...

Pete

Back