• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Newbie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legionnaire

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Newbie signing in. I've been shooting and hunting for years, but am totally new to muzzleloading. Got started with a Uberti 1847 Walker and just acquired my first flintlock ... a .50 caliber Lyman Trade Rifle. Looking forward to learning all I can here. Like what I see so far!

Welcome to a great Traditional Black Powder Forum. Lots of folks from Pa. on here, should have a few near you. Your center fires will cllect dust once you start down the BP path.

:thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Hi Legionairre! Welcome to the Forum! SW PA here also, I live by Kennywood Park if you know where that's at. You should come to one of my club's primitive trailwalk shoots! Nice bunch of guys, and we know how to have fun! Open to anyone who wants to come. :hatsoff:

Welcome to the MLF! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here with a lifetime of experience to share. Nice start on your BP collection. We have a seat at the fire for ya so join us and contribute when you can.

Welcome to the forum! You have a good start toward building your muzzle loading armory.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. I understand discussion of modern muzzleloading is frowned upon, so I didn't mention the 209x50 Encore or Ruger Old Army. Yeah, the BP bug bites hard!

BigDogg, I know right where Kennywood is. Didn't get there this year, but have in the past. Your club's walk sounds interesting. Any info available on the web? Thanks again!

Yea, I haven't ben to Kennywood in years lol. There's a web page for our shoots, I'll pm you the link. :thumbsup:

Howdy Legionnare - Welcome to the Camp. SW PA -you're in Longrifle Country for sure - not to mention all the Flintlock Smoothbores what been heard echoin' off them Hills.

My wife's from Irwin - I spent a lotta time on the Railroad working out of Waynesburg - Younz jes pull up a seat! Need a Chew?...

Eric (up by State College)

Latest posts

Back