• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED PA barn gun, 24ga for sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfahlingsr

32 Cal
Reaction score
.58 cal smooth bore Folkart painted barn gun. New Chambers rd faced lock, 42” Colerain tapered and swamped bbl bored out to .58 by Ed Ryle, (not Colerains fault, new bbl that I let bore get rusty!). Hand carved Early Reading influence, hand made sights, pipes, trigger, hardened and tempered pins. 14-1/4” pull, 8 lbs. shoots great with .570 RN with .014” patch, takes a range rod to reload but very good accuracy, .565’s would load better for hunting. Trigger pull is excellent, lock’s a good one, paint protected with Chambers stock finish. $1100 + freight & insurance ( probably $55)’ I’ll make the box for no additional fee.

.58 cal smooth bore Folkart painted barn gun. New Chambers rd faced lock, 42” Colerain tapered and swamped bbl bored out to .58 by Ed Ryle, (not Colerains fault, new bbl that I let bore get rusty!). Hand carved Early Reading influence, hand made sights, pipes, trigger, hardened and tempered pins. 14-1/4” pull, 8 lbs. shoots great with .570 RN with .014” patch, takes a range rod to reload but very good accuracy, .565’s would load better for hunting. Trigger pull is excellent, lock’s a good one, paint protected with Chambers stock finish. $1100 + freight & insurance ( probably $55)’ I’ll make the box for no additional fee.
Who made the gun? Would you post some photos to this add?

8C5A39A7-7F57-4F3B-8B4C-C8662BB46FFF.jpeg

I’m poor at this technology stuff but think I just added 1 picture, had quite a few more I can send.
8C5A39A7-7F57-4F3B-8B4C-C8662BB46FFF.jpeg

I have many pic’s and can probably send them to anyone that is interested. I made the gun, been building up hand carved guns for 27 of the 30 years I’ve been building. Had golden age stuff sell on TOTW for $3700 10 years ago, Hunter at Dixie sold a hand made TN to a collector in England, was selected to build the raffle rifle for National Muzzle Assoc but could not complete because of a health issue. Richard Miller handled that issue in a way that I still appreciate. I never stopped building but stopped going to shows or to Friendship. I’m a member of CLA and have gone there most years but not really active, will post this gun on that site in a few days. Have sold several over the years on that site. This gun is of hard plain maple from Harrison Sawmill, good gun stock wood. Sorry for the long winded reply, I live so close to the Beechfork River that we don’t have cell service and just a Hughes net for dial up internet speeds so communication is a little slow,

Looks good, needs a Daisy flower poked in muzzle… haha

actually - need a photo of the Bore for condition purposes
I made the gun, bore is as new, Ed Ryle bored it out from the new bbl that I let rust ( long story), Miss Theresa painted it after seeing a barn gun at the contemporary show last year she’s tried to get a feel for PA folk art, she is a good artist, however she used more colors and more “stuff” than I expected! Next one will be a little less. Thanks for your comments

I made the gun, bore is as new, Ed Ryle bored it out from the new bbl that I let rust ( long story), Miss Theresa painted it after seeing a barn gun at the contemporary show last year she’s tried to get a feel for PA folk art, she is a good artist, however she used more colors and more “stuff” than I expected! Next one will be a little less. Thanks for your comments
FF51C5FE-08DF-4C17-B83F-FB3184FD97DE.jpeg
FF51C5FE-08DF-4C17-B83F-FB3184FD97DE.jpeg

Some more pics...and just for any clarification, jimfahlingsr is my dad and I have a little more reliable internet and seem to have an easier time posting pics.
Dad makes great rifles and won't brag but I will brag for him, he makes a great gun. I have a solid collection so if you want to see anymore of his work let me know. My profile pic is a Beck he made for me almost 20 years ago.
If you're having trouble getting a reply, I can probably help field a few questions too...

Last edited:
I
Is it still for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back