• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ox Yoke 1000 lube+ who uses it?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the middle of some business dealings with master gunsmith and gun builder extraordinaire Steve Zihn, he has worked on and sighted in a gun for me. he uses "Ox Yoke 1000 lube+" I just wonder how many use it and the results you get. I have never tried it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I did use it some years ago, not really bad and not really good. Still have a pot of it always home but I don't use this grease anymore (the last pot isn't open): not really good for the arms and not really bad, not really good for bullets and patches but not really good too...
Now, for me, it's: bee wax, mutton tallow and pure beef foot oil and Ballistol...

If you like take it, take it, this is better than nothing ... ;)

This one: Real Oil Foot Beef Paulin 250 ML Nourishes the Leather Harness Saddle Headcollar 3115970401508 | eBay

Last edited:
I am in the middle of some business dealings with master gunsmith and gun builder extraordinaire Steve Zihn, he has worked on and sighted in a gun for me. he uses "Ox Yoke 1000 lube+" I just wonder how many use it and the results you get. I have never tried it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I used the 0.020 oxyoke patches the lube you mention. They have a tight weave and worked great. However, just like many people say I found that the lube will deteriorate the patch over time. I bought the cotton drill and lube them as needed.

[/QUOT I have been using it for close to 45 yrs, tried other stuff but it works SO GOOD never changed!

I used Olive oil and bees wax for a long time. a few years ago I started using straight ballistol. I will soak my ticking with it then let it dry, when I load I spit on the patch to lube a little. I get great groups and the patches can be reused if I have a mind to,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tried using bore butter but the bulb up is cumulative notice after 3 shots. When exposed to heat, black powder byproducts it becomes a form of asphalt as seen oozing out a nipple or touch hole and irregular balistics as the barrel conditions change with each hotshot even if swabbing between. Try mink oil on a clean rifle at 50 or 100 yards on a bench. Then do the same with bore butter/wonder lube. Group size will be very different.

Found this on a different MZ forum, fixed my all over the road TC Hawkens the were using it.

Attachments

• Bore Butter Origial Post.PDF
    86.3 KB · Views: 123
Back