• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ordered a barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Swamped barrel 42 in. 32 cal round bottom rifling. Should be ordering a southern mnt stock and all the other parts next week.
Probably a CM3 so it looks good might even go CM4. No carving since I can't draw stick people. Lol entry thimble and toe plate will be fun in cm4. Would like it to be a fine and pretty rifle but here lately I'm leaning away from inlays.

Yes I saw and read that. I don't carve so no danger.lol I think it will look good plain.Might let someone put a few engraving do dads on butt plate trigger gaurd andtang maybe and very few

Last edited:
Yes I saw and rwD that. I don't carve so no danger.lol I think it will look good plain.Might let someone put a few engraving do dads on butt plate trigger gaurd andtang maybe and very few
In a SMR, good wood, good architecture, good fit and good finish are what make them elegant in my view! I've never cared for all the Crow bait charms and manure folks stick all over muzzle loaders. I do like a bit of incise carving highlighted on occasion with a modest silver wire inlay but beyond that bit of decoration they seem to loose their character for me. Kind of like a naturally pretty girl wrecking what God gave her with a bunch of make up!

I add a buttstock molding and molding along the ramrod groove on the southern rifles have built, well, 1 built and one put together (Kibler). I consider this just a little subtle bling. I put modest toe plates on them as well.

Here is the Kibler, the date stamp is wrong.

kibler.jpg

Latest posts

Back