• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opinions on Investarms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BozoMiller

40 Cal
Reaction score
What do you folks think of a 50 cal. Investarms kit flintlock Hawken? I can get one for a really good price and would like to see what people think of this gun, Thanks

The one I have is percussion, I’ve shot it for many years…it was always reliable, and highly accurate. It’s my daughter’s gun these days, she loves it very much.
27411561-CCA5-4A7A-9FF3-FEC950B52E08.jpeg
As long as the gun was taken care of by the previous owner, you should be very happy with your purchase.

Last edited:
I have two percussion models. A GPR and a cabelas model both are reliable and good shooting rifle.

They make GPRs and are good to go.
Investarm used to make Lyman GPRs, but apparently lost the contract over possible cost point (unlikely based on Pedersoli manufactured guns pricing) or quality, or maybe quality went down after it was apparent to them they were losing the contract. Personally, a little reluctant to by a new Investarm today, though I would probably jump on an an older one from a trusted buyer if I were looking for one. I was disappointed with the last Investarm Lyman GPR and Cabelas labeled guns that I purchased. Plenty of fit and finish problems. Gaps between metal and wood of over .060” and incomplete machining for example.

Investarms was tied-up with Pedersoli years ago. I know because I got
Investarms parts in a Pedersoli wrapper & box. Investarms are very good
rifles. They make a Hawken style Carbine which is my favorite Deer getter.
I think they were bought out by Pedersoli who got their supply contracts.
At one time Cabelas had Investarms kits. They are very accurate--but if
buying second hand check the bore for neglect corrosion.

Good to know, I keep thinking I’d like to find a flintlock or 2 at sometime.

I've had three, and most other brands of factory guns, and Investarm would be my first choice for a halfstock plains type rifle.

Apologies for bumping an older thread if it's not prudent. Figured would be better to reply here than start another thread on the same topic.

I'm feeling the urge to do my first kit and the Investarms Bridger Hawken has piqued my interest. In light of some comments stating that Investarms quality today isn't what it once was, I was wondering if anyone has bought and built one of the their kits more recently and could comment on quality of components.

I'm on the fence between a rock-lock and a cap gun but I have time to think it over. Feel free to offer commentary on both.

Back