• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

One of my best damn friends ever

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My condolences on your loss. I've had two of my German shorthair pointer friends die in my arms. Out of the six we have been blessed with , #6 is still with us. She is a light in our lives. Her name is Pup , and the the reason we got her , was to help me out of a bout of PTSD brought on by retirement from a 41 yrs. long very high stress career. . My Son , a therapist , diagnosed me with that sickness , and shortly thereafter at age 48 , he unexpectedly died. My Sister died , and a best friend I grew up with , died . Lastly , our German Shorthair , Putso , died in my arms as well. I was a mess , and over the last six years of "PUP therapy" , I am better than I was. I'm convinced dogs come from above from our Father. I'm sure we will see them again.

Im sorry for your loss. It's a very hard thing to endure. These poems have helped me cope in the past, I hope that they bring you and your family a small measure of peace. RIP Buddy.
View attachment 307991

View attachment 307992
Ya had me at i was just a pup when we first met. He may have been my dads dog but the first time I met him, he peed all over me😂 I knew then and there i had a friend for life.

My condolences on your loss. I've had two of my German shorthair pointer friends die in my arms. Out of the six we have been blessed with , #6 is still with us. She is a light in our lives. Her name is Pup , and the the reason we got her , was to help me out of a bout of PTSD brought on by retirement from a 41 yrs. long very high stress career. . My Son , a therapist , diagnosed me with that sickness , and shortly thereafter at age 48 , he unexpectedly died. My Sister died , and a best friend I grew up with , died . Lastly , our German Shorthair , Putso , died in my arms as well. I was a mess , and over the last six years of "PUP therapy" , I am better than I was. I'm convinced dogs come from above from our Father. I'm sure we will see them again.
I am truly sorry for your loss. I to have had 2 german shorthairs. They are one of the best bird dogs ever bred. I can tell you stories for days about those two little bastards🤗

I normally wouldn't post here. Hell, my dad died last Christmas Eve and i didn't say anything. Although I know there's a couple people here that knew him. I had to take "custody" of him when my dad's health went down hill. He had a big problem with separation anxiety, leaving him at the vet after he passed was the hardest thing I've ever done.

I apologize, I'm not looking for sympathy , just needed to vent.

His name is Buddy, cause he was everybody's Buddy.View attachment 307959
Family two or four legged, hard to say goodbye

Lost my best girlfriend a week after my step dad passed. He was one of the few people she liked. It will get less painful.
1000000351.jpg

I normally wouldn't post here. Hell, my dad died last Christmas Eve and i didn't say anything. Although I know there's a couple people here that knew him. I had to take "custody" of him when my dad's health went down hill. He had a big problem with separation anxiety, leaving him at the vet after he passed was the hardest thing I've ever done.

I apologize, I'm not looking for sympathy , just needed to vent.

His name is Buddy, cause he was everybody's Buddy.View attachment 307959

Our canine - and sometimes feline friends - interject themselves so deeply with us that their loss can cause deep depression.

Sixteen years ago on a very cold (-21 deg.) night in eastern Oklahoma, I found a young half-lab dog trying to burrow into the pile of my donkeys' hay. I brought the shivering critter into the house; she right away snuggled herself into y side and lap, my cat Kitty curled up against her.

Two years later, she was certified as my Service Dog - and we have not been apart since. I named her Sunny, both for her coat color and her disposition.

We've been through some interesting times, she and I. Couple surgeries and recoveries for me, but thankfully none for her except being spayed - the two bullets in her happened before we met.

Sunny kept me from falling if we walked, and let me know if my BP got too high, or blood sugar too low.

Sunny took the path to the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon, where she will wait for me. My heart is broken, but I know we will meet again.

Our canine - and sometimes feline friends - interject themselves so deeply with us that their loss can cause deep depression.

Sixteen years ago on a very cold (-21 deg.) night in eastern Oklahoma, I found a young half-lab dog trying to burrow into the pile of my donkeys' hay. I brought the shivering critter into the house; she right away snuggled herself into y side and lap, my cat Kitty curled up against her.

Two years later, she was certified as my Service Dog - and we have not been apart since. I named her Sunny, both for her coat color and her disposition.

We've been through some interesting times, she and I. Couple surgeries and recoveries for me, but thankfully none for her except being spayed - the two bullets in her happened before we met.

Sunny kept me from falling if we walked, and let me know if my BP got too high, or blood sugar too low.

Sunny took the path to the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon, where she will wait for me. My heart is broken, but I know we will meet again.
Very sorry for that loss.
My mom sings, "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, so pleasedint take my sunshine away," to the family dog in the morning as her good morning greeting to him. While your sunshine was taken away,,, it shall rise again with you someday. God bless you and Sunny.

I 100 percent know you will see her again, my condolences.

One of the hardest thing about loosing buddy is having to deal with my RLS. For the last 7 years he's been curled up next to my legs at night keeping them at bay.

And thank you for sharing your story

Back