• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Ole Nelly" draws blood

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PGTMG said:
:bow: Nice Doe and a beauty of a rifle.

I noticed on your video you have excellent follow through on your shot. That is alot harder to have on a flinter.

Oughta see him with the brakes off! :haha:

It's good to read this Swampy, well done. Your determination is inspiring and what a fine taste in long guns you have, very special :hatsoff:

Britsmoothy

Whoa Swampy, nicely done. :hatsoff: That is my favorite rifle in the whole world :grin: Thanks for sharing.

Dang it Swampy ya done good (again). :thumbsup: Congrats, That is a FINE lookin' shootin' iron you got there also.

Congrats on a real trophy experience, the true traditional hunting has a flavor all its own, I salute you and your determination to continue with and your appreciation of the traditional ways
and wish you many more seasons with the flinter and ball as your hunting companions.

Very good. Are the deer coming back on the island? I remember there was a lot of concern that the state mismanaged the herd a lot.

Neighbors complaining about noise? Are they native or transplants?

bigbore442001 said:
Very good. Are the deer coming back on the island? I remember there was a lot of concern that the state mismanaged the herd a lot.

Neighbors complaining about noise? Are they native or transplants?

It's been mismanaged for a few years now and continues to decline. No one except for a few hunters really care anymore which is truly sad. There is no enforcement presence anymore and it is poached year round. There is also a few packs of coyotes over there making a big dent in the fawn crop. From just what we saw, I don't think theres 50 animals on the south end certainly not 100, no way in hell. This years quota is set at 50 animals and I can't see them even coming close to it. Last years quota was set at 75 animals and they didn't reach it. It's a far cry from the 250+ we taking off it just 10 years ago.

It's basically like this, theres an element of residents that are sick and tired of lyme disease and all their plants in their yard destroyed. The State pretty much has raised the white flag :surrender: and these residents have taken matters in their own hands.

:bow: Swampy, I admire your pluck and stamina to overcome handicaps and be able to hunt. It takes a special person with that type of guts. God Bless and enjoy for many years..... :thumbsup:

Sawmp Rat:

Could you set up a bait pile, decoy with call or something on Prudence and shoot some coyotes? That could help things out a bit.

I'm only there 2 to 4 short days a year during our hunt. I do know at least one guy shooting them over there and he's shot 6 so far this year. Other than that I'm not sure whats being done about them.

Excellent! Very well done! Thanks for the videos too.

Have to say I'm a tad jealous. :hatsoff:

Back