• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Fullstock I Picked Up! " Pics"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I asked a guy at the gunshop I visited if he had any project wallhanger guns, and he hands me this!

fullstock.jpg

muzzle.jpg

hartrigde.jpg

She is a 50cal smoothbore, fullstock which needs work! I am trying to find out more about this gun. Can anybody help? I can provide more pics if needed?

That is one great looking piece! Congratulations. This kind of brings up something I have had on my mind for awhile. I often wondered if it is worth the cost or is even possible to find one of those old pieces and have a new barrel put in..or any other part for that matter. I guess one would have to send the stock to a barrel maker or gunsmith..but then the question becomes which maker or which builder. How does one go about finding these things out especially if one is contemplating buying a old piece, does not want to lose it to another buyer, etc. Is there some rule of thumb to follow?

High Power, Looks like you lucked into something there! Be sure and keep us posted on your progress with her.

Oh, one other thing, good shot of the big toes! :) Like me, I see you don't like shoes either. :)

Wow thats a cool project how's the bore look ? and if you dont mind what did something like that run $

Wow thats a cool project how's the bore look ? and if you dont mind what did something like that run $

The bore looks great, and will clean up well! I grabbed it for 150.00!

He has another half stock in .45 real heavy barrel I will be getting as well. He has an original complete US made blunderbuss I am looking at as well.

High Power....I think I am going to move to your town,,,
you are getting all the great deals! Here in West Virginia that one would probably bring around $1200.
I guess ya gotta be in the right place at the right time.

*** WV SCROUNGER ***

I'd say you've found a little gold mine of goodies there! Better stake your claim - I've got my map out right now. :hmm:

Boy! You need to take care of that gunshop. I used to have a shop here that was always getting old Winchesters, which I collected at the time. He always called me first when something new came in and I got some real treasures.

Nice piece, I would register on www.longrifles.com , and ask on the collectors column. Looks to be a light squirrel/rabbit/grouse type fowler. I wouldn't do anymore than clean the stock with diluted Murphy's Oil Soa, then oil/wax it. Find or make a butt plate. You could trace the profile, and send it to Suzy at MBS, or to TOTW and they might be able to match it. Do the minimum to make it a shooter :m2c: :imo: Bill

Nice piece, I would register on www.longrifles.com , and ask on the collectors column. Looks to be a light squirrel/rabbit/grouse type fowler. I wouldn't do anymore than clean the stock with diluted Murphy's Oil Soa, then oil/wax it. Find or make a butt plate. You could trace the profile, and send it to Suzy at MBS, or to TOTW and they might be able to match it. Do the minimum to make it a shooter :m2c: :imo: Bill

I have the butt plate, I was just in the process of taking it apart.

Well now you did really well aint it great to find a gold mine like that !! Good luck hope you make out well keep us posted with some pics of your other buys when you get em :front:

High Power,
You did good friend!!!! Makes you wonder what
he paid for them. I've never known a dealer that lost money
on a sale. :imo:
snake-eyes :hmm:

Wait till you see the next one! I think it is worth more than this one!

Oh yes I love deals, and I used to get a bunch when I was collection M1 Garand, M1a, M1 Carbine, 1911A1 and any other US military gun I could find.

I was traveling the world anyway, and seeked the gold!

I sold enough of my collection to by my 67 Corvette for 13K.

Now I could sell my Vette and pay for all the guns I could ever want!

Remember don't fall in love with things, their might be better deal just around the corner!

I had a 1952 M1D Sniper Garand, that had never been issued, and was still packed! I sold that gun for 1500 4 years ago. Now that same gun would easily bring over 4500!

Gun, Cars, Real-estate has a large demand, and continue to go up in value!

I just wished I had started collection Black Powder sooner! This fits right into my Log Cabin Hobby :front:

One of my goals is to shoot originals from the past, especially the heavy barreled ones, like the one that will show up next week!

To me shooting something, that was shot before the Civil War is just another way to get even closer to the past!

I really think some of the well built guns can shoot indefinitely!

hartrigde.jpg

No listing for Hartridge, could it be Partrige? Lots of UK gunmakers called Partridge, can't make it out :thumbsup:

Back