• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oklahoma BP Season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got to the blind today after 5 days of hacking and coughing and taking care of my wife who has the same thing. About 5 minutes before sunrise, about 20 yards out this guy and a .54 PRB met suddenly. While unimpressive rack, the little spike was in perfect health, great liver for onion pairing, and field dressed about 100-110 lbs. 4th coup for Traditions Whitetail … the meat gun.
8EA9CD50-EAF7-464D-922B-0D7D99204860.jpeg

Wait! You mean to tell me you didn't need some fancy stainless unmentionable to kill a deer.... well I'll be 😂. Congrats, enjoy the liver and onions, i put mine on top of homemade stuffing.

Wait! You mean to tell me you didn't need some fancy stainless unmentionable to kill a deer.... well I'll be 😂. Congrats, enjoy the liver and onions, i put mine on top of homemade stuffing.
Nope, I like my locks on the side and my barrels blue. Thanks!
I have to admit, after a cap failure last season that cost me a doe, I am lighting up my Pyrodex with a 209 primer. But, it's still a blued gun with a side lock and "primitive" sights. Will try the homemade dressing topping you suggest.

I see we count pts differently, i saw a total of 4 on yours, but he is your Spike. Congrats on the tick toter, now go get another one !
Yep, would like to take a doe before BP season ends Sunday. Just love being in the woods this time of year regardless of what's going on.

RE: Points... well yeah I can see that. Not caring much for "horn hunting" I just see a single on one side and an abberation on the other (and extra care in field dressing). LOL

Back