• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ok folks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda off topic... but my good friend is a Math Major and takes the distance between the sights and extrapolates the adjustment needed to get dead on at 25 yards. It looks way too complicated to me.
The formula is simple, you can do it with the calculator on your phone. Take the desired correction on the target, in inches. Divide by the distance between the gun and target, in inches. Multiply by the distance between the sights in inches, the answer is the necessary sight correction. Simple as that. And as Nick said, bench it!

The formula is simple, you can do it with the calculator on your phone. Take the desired correction on the target, in inches. Divide by the distance between the gun and target, in inches. Multiply by the distance between the sights in inches, the answer is the necessary sight correction. Simple as that. And as Nick said, bench it!
Thanks, He likes working it in his head, on paper.

Sounds a lot like the way my grandpa told me they worked firing solutions on the USS Mississippi. He was a gunners mate on the 16" guns

Thanks, He likes working it in his head, on paper.

Sounds a lot like the way my grandpa told me they worked firing solutions on the USS Mississippi. He was a gunners mate on the 16" guns

IN HIS HEAD, ON PAPER?! Too much like school for me!

I bet Grandpa has some interesting stories!

Zonie used to post that Formula. With a cheat sheet. You’re doing a fine job @Eterry but he sure is missed.

Zonie used to post that Formula. With a cheat sheet. You’re doing a fine job @Eterry but he sure is missed.
I miss him as well. I never intended to, nor can I ever fill his shoes. I hope he'd be proud of our growth.

The membership has exploded in the last 2 years. I think the pandemic played a large role in that.

My phone tells me I spent almost 5 hours a day online for the last 2 weeks. I'm guessing at least 80% on TMF.

I want to remind everyone on here:
If you see something, say something.
We depend on our members to report infractions here. We have jobs outside of this forum, and the Mods are volunteers.

I’m sure he’s proud of where the forum is headed. We’ve lost a few good members but it’s good to see the growth too. My kids, grandkids and great grandchildren need someone to shoot with!

Back