• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nose Cap - Kentucky Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Costa

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My grandson was given a old CVA Kentucky Pistol kit. The kit is missing the sights and the nose cap. I have sights for the pistol in my shop but can not locate a nose cap. Anyone have a nose cap they want to get rid of or know who may have one?

Frank

I have seen them on the anti gun auction site about once every 2 or 3 weeks.
I suspect that Deer Creek (which purchased the left over CVA side lock gun parts inventory) has them as well. I am fairly certain it is the same nose cap on the kentucky rifle they sold.

Lastly, I believe that traditions still sells that pistol in kit form and the nose cap may be available from traditions, although their parts dept is very hard to get through to.

I am currently bidding on such a pistol on-line and will not need the nose cap, if I win. You would be welcome to it IF I win. (I intend to cut the stock back and add an underrib and larger ram rod, to make a mountain style pistol)

That is a nice offer Zimmerstutzen. :hatsoff:

I hope you win that auction.

Well it's not the same as the Kentucky Rifle,
I have both rifle and pistol and the rifle is longer by 9/16th and the holes are different.
Deer Creek Products has no web sight it's phone/fax in only,
765-525-6181

Back