• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

North Park safari

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oletymepreacher

40 Cal.
Reaction score
For the past several years, my wife and I go on safari to North park for the month of September in Colorado. Fun days hunting for a bear the whole month, muzzleloading elk season is in the middle. I plan on backpacking in for the elk hunt. A lot of horse riding is thrown in as a benefit. Then it is off to southern Colorado for pronghorn hunting. Then there is the third and fourth elk seasons. We'll stay home for Thanksgiving unless there is something else to do.

Our answering machine is jammed when we get back as is the email account. Many will ask what African country we hunted. Nope, not to Africa, but 50 miles from home.

Semi retirement is great.

Mike Brines said:
Good luck, preach!!
Thanks , Mike, this will be a solo hunt with the horses and wife at base camp. If luck shines, I will get them for packing out.

Good luck with your fall hunts.

oletymepreacher,
Lot`s of luck on your upcoming hunt!
It is great that you have a wife that likes to share in these hunting trips with you.
I used to do quite a bit of hunting in North Park.
Will you be hunting anywhere near Owl Mountain? One year while elk hunting on that mountain a hunter that I came upon had just shot a very large black bear that had actually come up on the backside of the hunter and the hunter happened to turn his head around and spotted the bear that was standing on it`s hind legs coming towards the hunter! Man that was one big bear.
One year stayed at a little house/cabin in Rand, Co. during elk season, froze to death almost!!

I love North Park! Whats not to like? Deer, Elk, Moose and fish!! :thumbsup:

Hope your hunt goes well.

I'm looking to hunt for six days for deer only this year. I'll help some of the other hunters in my camp get their deer on opening weekend and then get serious when they have headed home. Don't want to kill one right off and then have to come home early to save the meat! :haha:

Probably no Sept Elk for me this year. Still getting over a broken femur. Plan to kill my deer within 100 yards of a road. :)

It's going to be fun when we get to the note comparing later in the month.

North Sand hills is the general area, although I will be doing a lot of hunting up any drainage on the East side of the park. Looking for that big one with the blonde hair that evaded me last year.

I'll be just over the Medicine Bow Ridge from you next week checking in on a friend who's bowhunting in the Rawahs. Have fun chasin' them critters.

Back