• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nike commercial with Last of the Mohicians

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexiKan

40 Cal.
Reaction score
While watching today's NFL football game, a Nike commercial came on showing a football player running with the ball. While he was running, his uniform transformed into several different ones. What caught my attention was the background music chosen for this commercial. I recognized it as the music from the movie sountrack of the Last of the Mohicans. The particular track, entitled Promentory is a favorite. If you recall, in the movie, this was the music used near the end as the chase on the mountain trail. Very powerful music to set the mood. It is interesting that Nike chose to use it, too, for their "run" sequence.

TexiKan

I noticed it too. I promptly went to the next room to play that track and read the CD jacket about it. It turns out the tune is an old Irish one that was borrowed for the film and modified. It does sound a little 'indianized" for lack of a better word, but the Irish overtones are unmistakeable.

It is interesting how that particular track blends in the Love Theme and The Gael's jig. Powerful stuff and beautifully done. The strong Celtic overtones are a result of Joel McNeely and the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. Still an excellent image of "pursuit."

Regarding the shoes comments.........Converse(ly)...they could have been PF Flyers..... (groan) :wink:

TexiKan

Actually, 'The Gael" is a new composition by the Scottish musician Dougie MacLean. Dougie is well known as a singer, but I tend to like his instrumentals a whole lot better. Two largely instrumental albums would be "Sunset Song" and "Perthshire Amber."

Ironically I read somewhere that the three main actors hawkeye,ching,and uncus were actually wearing Adidas running shoes made to look like moccs. lol

Elnathan said:
Actually, 'The Gael" is a new composition by the Scottish musician Dougie MacLean. Dougie is well known as a singer, but I tend to like his instrumentals a whole lot better. Two largely instrumental albums would be "Sunset Song" and "Perthshire Amber."

You should check out "The TRYBE" "Cry of The Gael" Excellent music. [url] www.thetrybe.org[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Elnathan said:

Thanks, I just figured it was Irish and therefore old by default. :wink:

Back