• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nightcap Pattern

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norskie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Someone asked me if I'd ever seen a pattern for a 'Dickens style' night cap. Think they meant the one Ebeneezer Scrooge wears. Anybody ever seen one?
I asked her how hard it could be to make one without a pattern, but I guess that's what their costume maker wants. (It's for a play.)

Just make a cone out of paper, tape it so that it stays in place and then cut it up one side. There ya go, instant pattern!

That pattern was traditionally made as two long triangles sewn together. Turn inside out and Fold up the bottom as a cuff. The base of the triangle should be half the circumfrunce of the head.

Very simple patern.

Excellent ideas. I was thinking about a variation on the linen workman's cap. I need to talk to their costume maker to see if she really needs a pattern for something so simple. Perhaps I can appeal to her pride.
Now I wonder when these were used. Has the movie industry fooled us into thinking they were common?
Mental note: reread 'A Christmas Carol'.
Thanks, folks!
Moose

Actually, I'd use a shape that's closer to a rectangle with a triangle on top of it. Make the rectangle wide enough to fit around your head, and bring the sides up straight for about 5-6 inches before you slope up toward a point. This way, it won't pinch your head.

Now that there... is a good horse! Why do the crazy folks always wind up with the good ones?
Moose

tmdreb,
Sounds like a good idee! Remember, this is for a play, not for real. Still, I might make one for me, too. Thanks!
Moose

Mornin LeatherMoose
I used to belong to a group of boys out west (DeAnza Trail Caballeros) that got together every year and go for a week ride, It was men only, So I had some jammies made for my horse and me, Was all in fun,,

Wal I kin tell yuh not to badger Soggy for his red'n, he jist won't part with it. :surrender:

:thumbsup: You got that right Slamfire: The weatherman is perdicting the temperature will bottom out at -16 celcius tonight ( ain't right sure how much that is in fernhight, but I spect it's darn cold in that too :rotf: )
I think I'll wear that red hat to bed tonight so my ears won't freeze off :winking:
Soggy

Yeah but that's one of them Canadian thermometers, its really only 4 degrees above on a real one. :rotf:

Back