• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nice T/C Collection on GunBroker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was perusing GunBroker this morning and ran across a really nice collection of Thompson Centers that the seller lure100 has (no I am not the seller nor do I know him). I just thought it was a neat collection to share here merely for people’s interest with some pieces you don’t run across too often including a Hawken Cougar and White Mountain Carbine in flintlock. They mostly appear to be starting at premium prices (what isn’t these days?) but he found some rather nice ones.

I noticed his latest listings just yesterday. The 58cal Renegade and the Hawken Cougar have me drooling! He usually has some real nice survivors on there at any given time, but as you noticed, prices are up there. Possibly justifiably so in some cases.

Yes that .58 Renegade really caught my eye as well! It would certainly be nice to have the extra capital lying around when collections like these pop up
Has to be some sort of later production special edition. Only TC 58 I'd ever heard of until seeing that one is the Big Boar. Plus the one he has listed seems to have particularly nicely figured wood.

Has to be some sort of later production special edition. Only TC 58 I'd ever heard of until seeing that one is the Big Boar. Plus the one he has listed seems to have particularly nicely figured wood.
I would be curious if any other member on here knows much on their history, if they were a very limited production run or whether they came from their Fox Ridge custom shop

I used to live 15 miles from Rose City, MI. where Lure 100 is located. Never met or dealt with them do to the prices. Have seen
their items on Ebay and they too are up there. I don't think this is a personal collection as much as a bundle of inventory that
that is collected at low prices to be resold for profit.
They hit the estate sales and gun shows and buy from individuals carrying muzzleloaders around to sell. The really nice ones
go to GB and the not so nice get parted out for Ebay.
Thompson Center did offer the Hawken or Renegade in 58 through Fox Ridge along with a few more that were different than
what was in the regular line up.

This forum has caused me to start getting interested in some of the more historical stuff. Never knew about Kibler or any of them until I joined up here and I'm thankful for that. Pretty likely I'll take the plunge on something not too far down the line. In fact, just the other day I spent about 4 hours watching YouTube vids on Kiblers channel. My Mrs. was sitting there with me watching and when I told her what the kits cost her reply was "that really isn't that bad". Can you believe it!! Basically a preemptive greenlight from Momma! 😁😁😁

But, that doesn't mean I'll ditch my TCs. 🙂

I used to live 15 miles from Rose City, MI. where Lure 100 is located. Never met or dealt with them do to the prices. Have seen
their items on Ebay and they too are up there. I don't think this is a personal collection as much as a bundle of inventory that
that is collected at low prices to be resold for profit.
They hit the estate sales and gun shows and buy from individuals carrying muzzleloaders around to sell. The really nice ones
go to GB and the not so nice get parted out for Ebay.
Thompson Center did offer the Hawken or Renegade in 58 through Fox Ridge along with a few more that were different than
what was in the regular line up.
Yes, since I started perusing GB for various old TC models a year or so ago I have seen that seller on there with some nice stuff pretty consistently. About that time I kind of decided that eventually I'd like to have one of each model TC from years past. His prices are definitely up there, but in some cases I don't think they are really that far out of line. I really like those less common renditions like the Cougar Hawken and the Fox Ridge stuff, which I also didn't know existed until I started spending some time here 🙂

I swore off TCs as well but they have a way of sneaking back into your life, I sold all of mine after a friend gave me his custom longrifle on his death bed.

An ancient TC Hawken kit found in my Dad's closet when he went to assisted living was the first to creep back into my life. A new old stock unfired flint kit barrel for $60 on eBay lay the ground work for a Renegade with an L&R RPL lock. This was followed by a beat-up stock I found that needed a GR drop in that I was able to find while they were still available.

All of these guns were brought back to better than new condition because I had built 5 longrifles since my friend gave me his rifle and had developed some gun building skills.

They are neat, handy little guns and have their place in M/L history.

I swore off TCs as well but they have a way of sneaking back into your life, I sold all of mine after a friend gave me his custom longrifle on his death bed.

An ancient TC Hawken kit found in my Dad's closet when he went to assisted living was the first to creep back into my life. A new old stock unfired flint kit barrel for $60 on eBay lay the ground work for a Renegade with an L&R RPL lock. This was followed by a beat-up stock I found that needed a GR drop in that I was able to find while they were still available.

All of these guns were brought back to better than new condition because I had built 5 longrifles since my friend gave me his rifle and had developed some gun building skills.

They are neat, handy little guns and have their place in M/L history.
DING DING DING DING! :ThankYou:
My first gun was a TC. Loved it until I went to my first shoot and saw several custom guns. I dropped that TC like a hot potato and bought a bunch of parts to build a real gun.
I understand the custom gun thing I really do but there is nothing wrong with a TC. You dont need a $2000 gun to kill deer or enjoy the BP experience .Now if you wat to play dress up like little boys ... I can see where thats important

Back