• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to the site from NJ

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric M

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello to all. Got into Blackpowder Hunting thru my grandfather. Fell in love at the sight of his T/C Renegade. Look forward to speaking with all.

Greetings and welcome to the forum! I belong to (3) different clubs in NJ that shoot black powder. Where about are you from in NJ? I could bring you as a guest to some of the best target shooting, woods-walks, and Fun Shoots that the state has!

Dave

:thumbsup: Welcome to the forum.Glad there's more interest in BP in N.J.I used to shoot with a club in the Sourland Mts.Stoney from the BP shop in Neshanic used to run it.I lived in Flemington till i retired here 5 yrs ago.Lots of BP up here.Griz

Hi there, and welcome from Wisconsin! Have fun researching info here, lots of different threads for you to pick from. I read 'em all!

The closest club that does real black powder competitions as well as "fun shoots" with novelty targets (balloons, charcoal, exploding targets, eggs, etc.) is the Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club: www.oldbridgerifle.com . It's in Middlesex County, about 3 minutes from the Monmouth County line. Check out the web site & newsletters and be sure to look for the Muzzleloaders Report.

If you want to come up and shoot, give me a PT and we can exchange email infor, etc.!

Again, welcome to the forum! Lots of great folks with plenty of experience helping each other & beginners too!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all and smokin 50 I would like to do a shoot. Don't know a whole lot about them.

Welcome to the MLF! Glad you found our camp. There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here on the site and it sounds like they are getting you hooked up with info already. Pull up a stump and contribute when you can.

Welcome. You'll find a wealth of knowledgeable folks here. So have a seat, fill yertin cup as the coffee jest finished boiling.

Welcome Memphis. Enjoy the Renegade. smokin.50 and I are members of a club that shoots up in Vernon. Bit of a hike for you, but you are always welcome.

Welcome......you'll love it here. I can tell already!
Smokin'.50 will steer ya right. Ask him to show ya that big horse pistol he's got! :wink:
Now, Dave, no fair counting this one in the contest...he joined on his own! :nono:

The Old Bridge Club has a Black Powder League that meets twice a month, on the first & third Sundays. With all of this crazy snow we've had, we didn't have a Match on the first Sunday. We're hoping to get one in on the third Sunday (the 20th). They start at 09:00 am. First Sunday is a regular Match and the third Sunday is a Winchester/NRA Qualification Match. Although since we didn't get to shoot our pistols on the 6th, the Match Director may want to hold a regular Match on the 20th, so send me an email to remind me to notify you.

C.O.F. for a regular Match is pistols from 25 yards with 13 shots (revolvers & single-shots) and we can loan you equipment to get you started :) . Then rifles from 50 yards with 20 shots total.

Again, a hearty welcome to the best forum for ML! We'll get you into the hobby with both feet :haha: :grin: .

Dave

CaptainKirk said:
Welcome......you'll love it here. I can tell already!
Smokin'.50 will steer ya right. Ask him to show ya that big horse pistol he's got! :wink:
Now, Dave, no fair counting this one in the contest...he joined on his own! :nono:

O-K Kirk, I'll give you that! But I'll still put "dibs" in on his relatives & friends :haha: :wink: :thumbsup: .

Best Regards,

Dave

Back