• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to me 12 ga. Double barrel percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluecarpenter

32 Cal.
Reaction score
:grin: I finely go me a double barreled percussion in 12ga. It is used but in overall good condition. I loaded it up with 80 grains of powder and then shot and it seemed to shoot good. at least it made a lot of noise and smoke and made tiny holes in the cardboard that I was shooting at. made a 10 pattern at 10 yards with #7 1/2 shot though the cushion wad made a hole in the cardboard too.
Know for the questions. On the left barrel are somes numbers. I tryed to get pictures of them but they don't seem to turn out. so I will try to discribe them:

C-12 28140 is on the first line.

underneath that is:

18 3 S '1 700 KGS oo

The 2 oo's also have an o right on top of them in the middle. The #1 after the S where the tic mark is is actualy a small o like a degree mark. then after the oo is a small square box with a sqiggly mark on top and what looks like a v in the box.
On the bottom of the barrels near the breach plugs on the rib is the number 65 and on the right barrel is the number 18.3. That is all that I have been able to see.
It has a brass plate where the ramrod goes into the stock and at the wedge. Steel trigger guard and steel but plate. Some scoll work on the trigger guard and ramrod entry. Also on the locks. The rib has what looks to be a fine snake scale pattern the full length. The wrist has some checkering on it.
I would like to know who made it. Yhe guy I bought it from said spain but I'm not sure. Also would be nice to know what year. I gave 200 clams for it plus 20 to get it shipped to me.. :) so I don't think I did to bad. I'm just wanting some help from you all. I would also like to post some pictures I'm just not sure how. I have them on another site but not sure if I'm allowed to post the url here.

thanks in advance. mark

Latest posts

Back