• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New TC Renegade 54 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzloder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The Missus & I spent most of today at a Bluegrass festival with some friends in NW Pennsylvania. In conversation during the day I mentioned to Duane how much I enjoyed the primitive muzzleloaders and then asked him about primitive bowhunting. (He only hunts with a bow!) He mentioned to me that he had a muzzleloader at home that he fired 6-8 times and then put in the safe with his other guns. I was amazed at this because in all the time I've known him, he has never talked about guns. I didn't know he even owned a gun!

Well, long story short, when we got back to his place he showed me his gun collection (Including some collectible Winchester 94's and Savage 99's) and let me look over his muzzleloader. It's a TC Renegade, 54 cal, blue factory finish in mint, factory new in the box condition! I already have an identical rifle in my gun cabinet that I bought from a member here last year(Thanks John!!!), and told him that this one would look really good next to it when it wasn't in my hands out in the woods! He told me that when he is ready to sell it, I would be the first one he calls.

OK! But my question is: What is a fair price to offer him? This gun is in NEW condition and I'm willing to pay the price for that. So, what do you think is a fair price?

Thanks!

Patrick

If, as you say, the rifle is in new condition, $300, maybe a bit more, would be fair to him and you. Dont ruin a good friendship over a few $.

You can get Renegades for much less but generally they will be far from new condition.

I wondered where you've been! :grin:

I'd second the advice above, 300-350. He might get 400 if he lists it somewhere, but there are plenty of the Renegades out there.

I know the fever for those Ren's, I had 4,,thinned the herd ta 2,,a typical double trigger and a single trigger Hunter

$300 ??? I was thinking more than that, actually. The rifle is immaculate, and I do not want to endanger our friendship.........

Patrick

Hello John!! I've been around, reading more than posting, as usual! You were correct about your old 54, she's a SHOOTER! My goodness, I've never had a 1:48 twist shoot RB's like this one does, THANK YOU again!

So, $350-$375 seems fair for this rifle?

Patrick

You know price or what something is worth is only what someone is willing to pay. A person could come along and just have to have it and give $400 but, I, like the others think $350 is fair for both of you. Actually there are a lot of nice Renegades around for $300.

OK guys, I'll make an offer of $350 and see where that takes us.....assuming he's willing to sell. For a fellow who doesn't use firearms he sure has a nice collection of them! I'm still shaking my head..........

Patrick

There's a .50 cal on gunbroker right now, that's got a bid on it at $350. Good condition, but not as new.

Latest posts

Back