• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New range rod.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a project I've been putting off way to long, I've had this old glass door knob sitting in a parts box for at least 40 years to use for a handle on a rod.
I ordered a 4" brass rod last week and received it yesterday. Started the rod this morning and finished it in the early afternoon.
This will be for my .45 cal. long rifle. I cut off a small length and it should be just long enough for a short starter Which I'll start on tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMGP0535.JPG
    IMGP0535.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMGP0536.JPG
    IMGP0536.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMGP0537.JPG
    IMGP0537.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IMGP0538.JPG
    IMGP0538.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 169
  • IMGP0534.JPG
    IMGP0534.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMGP0541.JPG
    IMGP0541.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 182
Oooh, now I have brand new thoughts about what do with that box of old door knobs. And if all else fails it would make a good curtain rod. One could make a cool starter as well...

Super. Thanks for posting.

Nice. Unfortunately old doorknobs are very difficult to find around here or at least at a price where I could afford to use them on a range rod. I wish I had gathered a bushel basket full 40 years ago.

Threaded or not, I would use the set screw hole in the non hardware to Mark the rod for another threaded hole and put a set screw in to secure the handle. Made some of these years ago, both brass and glass.

Nice. Unfortunately old doorknobs are very difficult to find around here or at least at a price where I could afford to use them on a range rod. I wish I had gathered a bushel basket full 40 years ago.
I live in a house that's 115 years old and the door handle came off a original door during some renovation.

Back