• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New orleans ace pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverfox

50 Cal.
Reaction score
This is probably old hat so to speak . I was given this pistol as a kit still in the box. My question is how do I compress the spring enough to git it installed.
thanks fox

You need a spring vise. I have seen people on youtube use a visegrip......but not recommended.

polish everything up and get it close to final finishing. With the grip off, Install the guide and spring and hold it( sticking out the back of the frame ) with a pair of padded vise grips.. then install the hammer and it's pin. With a lil wiggling you can engage the guide into its seat with the hammer..and then release the vise grips!

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

Thanks I will see if I can do that. I have spring vices but they don't work with the round springs thanks fox

Thanks I did use the visegrips as you stated and now have returned the pistol to it's owner.

Glad you got it done! and WooHoo, I knew something that would help!! :grin:

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

Back