• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New NMLRA member

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the same boat! New member well, relatively new and trying to get to the Sept nationals too. Cant decide on whether to just shop and check out as much as I can or try to squeeze in a shoot or two. I would try to BP be there for the first weekend. This would be my first trip too. The other decision is whether to bring my little camper or stay at a local motel. We have time to decide but excited either way. And Maniac Shooter was a major player in my decision to try and attend. I watch all of your videos. Keep em comin… Fez, maybe I will see you there…
Jim
Motels are not available in Friendship. Lawrenceburg or Versailles IN is the closest. You mention having a camper......there are full hookups there. If you camp that week, you really enjoy the camping. You will be near everything going on. Call the NMLRA office to inquire about rates, etc. If you need black powder, the magazine is open a few hours a day, so, you can pick up powder while there.

I'm usually there on the 1st Saturday just to restock things I need & run around getting video. I'll comeback Monday or Tuesday when it slows down to shoot the woods walk with a few shooters that are interested. If interested...maybe we can get together for a WW shoot. ( Be warned...I'll be razzling you on camera...LOL I'm there for having a good time!! )
If you see me, stop & say HI. I'll be there somewhere.

If you bring your camper, they do not have hook ups for your black water, have to bring your own black water tank or use the community bathrooms. Also you are not allowed to drain your grey water to the ground and there are no hook ups for grey water, again back to the community bathrooms for a shower.

Hookup wise you can get water and electricity.

Another option for a place to stay is in Rising Sun, there is a RV park there with cabins to rent. I would check the reviews before booking there as it went down hill some after we stayed there. They also rent trailers on the river.

If you bring your camper, they do not have hook ups for your black water, have to bring your own black water tank or use the community bathrooms. Also you are not allowed to drain your grey water to the ground and there are no hook ups for grey water, again back to the community bathrooms for a shower.

Hookup wise you can get water and electricity.

Another option for a place to stay is in Rising Sun, there is a RV park there with cabins to rent. I would check the reviews before booking there as it went down hill some after we stayed there. They also rent trailers on the river.

Thanks for the info. My camper is more like a sleeping box with AC, just need electric hook up. Does the NMLRA camp grounds have a bath house? Or is that what you meant by community bathrooms? That’s all I would need…

@Fez and @Jimkinmd I'm a fairly new member myself. I joined last year went to one of the smaller shoots and made a great friend named Steve Chapman who helped me and is still helping me along the way. I went to the Spring Nationals with my 10 year old son. We camped for several days. I shot the woods walk in "mostly" primitive attire with my Kibler SMR .45 flintlock and scored very well. My boy and I shot one aggregate each up at the Primitive range. Then I just took my time at the off hand range shootng practice targets for a buck a piece while Steve worked with my Son on his shooting skills. Then when I was ready I shot my classification aggregate. My son shot a Sub Junior aggregate and won his first Medal. We shopped all of the booths including the primitive area traders row. I picked up my Chambers Fowler kit that I had pre-arranged with Barbie to pick up a the shoot. Later I had dinner with the Chambers' and Chapman's families. Everyone is just so nice out there and they want to help you out.

I hope when you come out to the Fall shoot you will do some shooting even if you just do some target shooting it will be a great way to meet folks and get a lot of tips. I think if you leave your guns and shooting gear at home you will regret it I know I would have. If you make it out drop by the off hand range and ask for Steve Chapman. There's always a group of folks hanging around his lane that will help get you going. I would also recommend that you tell the range officer you're new. They'll go a little easy on you and they'll make sure you're shooting safely. Good luck and I hope to meet you guys out there!

Also, if you plan to stay in a motel you should make reservations as early as possible. There is always plenty of camping on the NMLRA grounds - both modern (campers, RVs, modern tents) and traditional (canvas tents). You may also find motel rooms in the towns of Milan and Batesville. Good luck!

Glad to have you as a member. The NMLRA is the "keeper of the flame" and well worth supporting. I have been a member for several years, have made a few shoots there and enjoyed every minute.

Thanks for the info. My camper is more like a sleeping box with AC, just need electric hook up. Does the NMLRA camp grounds have a bath house? Or is that what you meant by community bathrooms? That’s all I would need…

There are showers and bathrooms.

The 1st weekend you should look around and shop. All vendors are there. Most will leave by Tuesday, so, purchase whatever you need the 1st weekend. Any day after Monday will be less crowded to go try out the shooting matches. The further into the week you wait is even less crowded.
Thanks manic. Hope to see you

@Fez and @Jimkinmd I'm a fairly new member myself. I joined last year went to one of the smaller shoots and made a great friend named Steve Chapman who helped me and is still helping me along the way. I went to the Spring Nationals with my 10 year old son. We camped for several days. I shot the woods walk in "mostly" primitive attire with my Kibler SMR .45 flintlock and scored very well. My boy and I shot one aggregate each up at the Primitive range. Then I just took my time at the off hand range shootng practice targets for a buck a piece while Steve worked with my Son on his shooting skills. Then when I was ready I shot my classification aggregate. My son shot a Sub Junior aggregate and won his first Medal. We shopped all of the booths including the primitive area traders row. I picked up my Chambers Fowler kit that I had pre-arranged with Barbie to pick up a the shoot. Later I had dinner with the Chambers' and Chapman's families. Everyone is just so nice out there and they want to help you out.

I hope when you come out to the Fall shoot you will do some shooting even if you just do some target shooting it will be a great way to meet folks and get a lot of tips. I think if you leave your guns and shooting gear at home you will regret it I know I would have. If you make it out drop by the off hand range and ask for Steve Chapman. There's always a group of folks hanging around his lane that will help get you going. I would also recommend that you tell the range officer you're new. They'll go a little easy on you and they'll make sure you're shooting safely. Good luck and I hope to meet you guys out there!
Nice! Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking that the Heritage Campground area at Fship was full hook up?

Fleener

Actually the bunker bathroom at primitive was built as a bathroom.

Fleener

And Maniac Shooter was a major player in my decision to try and attend. I watch all of your videos. Keep em comin… Fez, maybe I will see you there…
Jim
Thank you my friend.....If you do attend go the 1st weekend. If you stay a few more days...maybe we can get together & shoot the Woodswalk on Monday or Tuesday. Be warned...I'm going to razzle you and anyone else shooting with us ( all in fun ) on the trail....I go for the fun...hitting a target is just a bonus!

Thank you my friend.....If you do attend go the 1st weekend. If you stay a few more days...maybe we can get together & shoot the Woodswalk on Monday or Tuesday. Be warned...I'm going to razzle you and anyone else shooting with us ( all in fun ) on the trail....I go for the fun...hitting a target is just a bonus!

I am up to the challenge lol. I will have to stay a few more days. Since I found out the campground has electric it will make that decision easy.. count me in,…

Back