• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member NW Connecticut

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
Steve here. Im looking forward to learning more about all of you here and sharing info about traditional mls. I am really interested in military arms of the percussion era and would love to see some of the rifles that are out there.
Looking forward to learning more
Cheers!

Welcome from Indiana ! My 1863 replica Zouave .58 cal😁

Attachments

• 20230613_113148.jpg
    20230613_113148.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Thats where i hunt mostly wilderness road and out back Howell's pond!
It's been a long time since I've been there, I remember we used to drive into Massachusetts on route 57 and turn onto Colebrook river road. Followed that down to a dirt road and parked next to a iron gate and walk in.
Big woods up there. Not a ton of deer but some big bucks.

It's been a long time since I've been there, I remember we used to drive into Massachusetts on route 57 and turn onto Colebrook river road. Followed that down to a dirt road and parked next to a iron gate and walk in.
Big woods up there. Not a ton of deer but some big bucks.
Yes I have gone in that way before but I usually park at tunxis sf and hunt my way down to the reservoir the deer population has gotten better but its still a rough day going to the bottom and coming back uphill at night. Alot of hunting pressure as well.

Yes I have gone in that way before but I usually park at tunxis sf and hunt my way down to the reservoir the deer population has gotten better but its still a rough day going to the bottom and coming back uphill at night. Alot of hunting pressure as well.
There used to be a good number of moose in that area. I understand that the population has grown more over the years. Lots of black bears too.

There used to be a good number of moose in that area. I understand that the population has grown more over the years. Lots of black bears too.
Absolutely! still is. I ve only seen 2 Bears in my times up there but, I've jumped more moose than deer! 6-7 times I would be sneaking in before dawn and put them up alot of what's left of the beech trees up there are racked way up high too

Absolutely! still is. I ve only seen 2 Bears in my times up there but, I've jumped more moose than deer! 6-7 times I would be sneaking in before dawn and put them up alot of what's left of the beech trees up there are racked way up high too
I always loved that area in the early fall with all the colors. Heck, anywhere in Litchfield County is nice.

True wish the ML season wasn't so late but in truth doesn't matter you can hunt any rifle/shotgun season with a muzzleloader I just would like to use one for bird season then we'd still be in the colorful time

Back