• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Lyman Trade Rifle .50 perc

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Just picked this up. Its still in the mail but looks too be in fairly good condition.
The previous owner said it was for his Son who grew out of it.

I like the colors on this piece. Should be a good shooter. Friend of mine uses one for many years now and swears by it. There are people who love them and hate them. Personally I think it's purdy. Just chocolate mint coered coconut. Enjoy it!

Did I mention a chocolate mint covered cherry? :thumbsup:
Well done. You'll like it. I had an Investarms Hawken in .50 for few years and liked it a lot. And I believe I read here somewhere that those two are made by the same company (?). Mine was an accurate shooter. Check out my picture review as I did some refinishing and "poor man engraving" as well.

Love how the brass has patina to a nice color. I picked up an Investa Arms a few weeks back and am redoing it a bit--can't wait to shoot it and see what she will do. Thanks for sharing and let us know how she shoots.

You will be pleased! Each Lyman Trade Rifle that I have owned has been wonderfully accurate and never any problems with them. You may even find that the 1:48 rate of twist is as accurate with lead conicals as it is with PRB. You'll just have to shoot it and see.

Ya I'm pretty stoked about this addition to my collection. I have the Lyman GPR & Plains Pistol which are fine shooters on their own, I'm curious to know what to expect with the single trigger?
I'd too like to add that I've tended to favour the 54 cal so this 50 will require a lot of attention :wink:
Can't wait to make some smoke with this one :)

Hey Jamie. The wood stock looks real nice. I like the single trigger, much simpler. I'm been wanting to get one for a while.

I'm Looking forward to seeing how she shoots with prb's. :hatsoff: I've read the .50 cal TR is real accurate with 70-80 grains 3F Goex + .490 rb

Sweet looking rifle
I hope you have many successful target shooting & hunting seasons.
I have a GPR in 54 they are so much fun shooting.

Latest posts

Back