• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New knife day!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this Hudson Bay style knife in today, did some basic carving on the handles to make it mine. Just thought I’d share!

Knife is made by Condor.

Attachments

• IMG_9771.jpeg
    IMG_9771.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • B72BC3D5-9FA8-432E-B944-0B26A4B87997.jpeg
    B72BC3D5-9FA8-432E-B944-0B26A4B87997.jpeg
    896.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 782D9D05-25C7-482D-B058-43FF65AE1D27.jpeg
    782D9D05-25C7-482D-B058-43FF65AE1D27.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Thanks, ya I’m impressed for the money!
High carbon steel, nice handles, and always come with a nice bevel and edge. And leather sheath. All for less than a hundred bucks. I love em. My only complaint is, as nice and thick as the sheath is for my Nessmuk, just two little light weight rivets holding the belt loop on. I'll end up making a new "mountain man" sheath for that one. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

High carbon steel, nice handles, and always come with a nice bevel and edge. And leather sheath. All for less than a hundred bucks. I love em. My only complaint is, as nice and thick as the sheath is for my Nessmuk, just two little light weight rivets holding the belt loop on. I'll end up making a new "mountain man" sheath for that one. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I agree, I want to make a nicer sheath also but for just bumming around this factory one ain’t bad

I have that knife but I didn't like how the knife was so fat in the body down to the edge then had that abrupt angle to the edge. I re-ground mine so in had a gradual taper from spine to the edge. Then the body of the knife wasn't so fat and it is now easier to sharpen with the thinner edge.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Attachments

• Condor grind.JPG
    Condor grind.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I have one. I really like it and the price is great. I believe they are 1095 steel. I’ve used it a lot. Hard use With no ill effects. FYI : it can be used as a shovel if needed. 😀

Ive been forging some from ferrier rasps. My brother swears it is a perfect filet knife for his fishing trips. Making the handle and wooden sheath in the Filipino way takes a lot of time but it can be therapeutic.

Hmmm.... Do you ever make any arnis knives?
No i am not skilled enough yet. But i am a student of Paul Vunak's fighting systems and Modern Arnis.
i hope to make a few decent camp knives and maybe try a couple short bolos.
I have to fill a bucket with simple knives to perfect my process.

Latest posts

Back