• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy from Southern Oregon! Not Portland!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Cottage Grove, just over the Lane County border, unfortunately!

Walker Mountain Long Rifles shoots the first Saturday of the month @ Josephine County Sportsman's Park in Merlin.

Little Butte Mountain Men were located in Medford but lost their Shooting spot a couple of years back. I'm not sure whether they survived. They used to shoot on the first Sunday of the month. I'll see what I can find out if you're interested.

Walt

My good buddy's father-in-law lives way inland Oregon, is a true-blue gun-totin' patriot, fully equipped for independent living if necessary. I do worry about all those forest fires, though. The area burned in Canada is HUGE!

Welcome from another lifelong Oregunion. You have been here about 5 years longer than me. I was born in Sweet Home in 60.
My Mom lived in Sweet Home and Lebanon for quite a few years! If I ever moved to Western Oregon ot would most definitely be Sweet Home!!

I have two .50 cal both new! One is the percussion version of Lymans Great Plains rifle! I traded a TC Hawken in .50 cal straight across for same rifle in .54 cal! Just need to work up some loads now!
I have a GPR with both types of barrels and they shoot great!

The slow twist for PRB says “Great plains rifle” and the fast twist for conicals says “Great Plains Hunter”.

For hunting (since I live in Commiefornia) I use a solid copper conical in the fast twist barrel. Very accurate and hard hitting!

Attachments

• IMG_3941.jpeg
    IMG_3941.jpeg
    706.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3940.jpeg
    IMG_3940.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back