• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new fusil pic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemoke

40 Cal.
Reaction score
here`s some pics of mye new fusil, I`ve had it for a couple of months but just figured out how to post the pics.
wholefusil-2.jpg
lh-btail-splate.jpg
lh-btails-lock_edited.jpg
lh-btails-lock.jpg
engraving.jpg
butt-top.jpg
butt-profile.jpg
butt-profile-2.jpg
wholefusil.jpg

very nice. I really like the fusil lines. Is the wood maple? What guage is she? just wondering.

I want to set up a fusil but thought cherry would be a little more authentic. Dont know just thinking out loud.

:hatsoff:

the lock is a davis fusil lock. the gun was built by Anthony Palyszeski he did all the engraving on the lock as well as the barrel

I have`nt had much time to get out with it but,I shot a 4 inch group off hand with it at 25 yds. the front sight has to be taken down she shoots alittle high, and I have to get use to shooting flint. I`ve only had cap guns till I bought my 62 and 54 smooth bores. when I get some time I will post some pics of my 54 smooth rifle (she`s sweet) both are by the same builder

"I want to set up a fusil but thought cherry would be a little more authentic. Dont know just thinking out loud."

Walnut was what the originals were stocked with, there were restocks of these guns in maple but the only ones I have seen were very plain wood, plain cherry may have been used as well for restocking these guns.

Nice looking gun, it looks like he cleaned the lock up pretty well, most just use them as is, they can be pretty close to the originals with a little work and it realy makes a difference in the looks of the gun.

"the front sight has to be taken down she shoots a little high,"

Whoa there Gemoke! Better think twice about filing that front sight there friend!

Hint, Hint!!!

Gemsmoke
AWESOME!!!! Nice piece, the metal work is lovely... :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:
My best regards a loyalistdawg

Gemoke said:
I have`nt had much time to get out with it but,I shot a 4 inch group off hand with it at 25 yds. the front sight has to be taken down she shoots alittle high, and I have to get use to shooting flint. I`ve only had cap guns till I bought my 62 and 54 smooth bores. when I get some time I will post some pics of my 54 smooth rifle (she`s sweet) both are by the same builder

:thumbsup: That's a beautiful gun you have there, I'll bet there was a lot of hours went into building that one!
You may have to file those sights, but............I'd suggest that you do some more shooting first. I wouldn't start filing based on "off hand" results. Get some sand bags and find out for sure where she likes to chuck 'em, then if she still groupes them low , start filing. Just a little bit at a time; ........it's a lot easier to take metal off than it is to put it back on. :redface:
Soggy

Back