• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New fowler acquired !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Suri

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I just became the owner of this old fowler that I know nothing about ! It is app. 20 ga with a 36 inch barrel on a walnut half stock, nicely checkered. Maybe European..
The barrel is held with a single wedge. There are no markings on the lock or the barrel. A nice, light, little gun.
Any thoughts or information would be greatly appreciated !! Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1614 (1).JPG
    IMG_1614 (1).JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1612 (1).JPG
    IMG_1612 (1).JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1613 (1).JPG
    IMG_1613 (1).JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 47
Very nice find. I know you say there are no markings on the barrel, but I've got to ask. Did you look at the underside of the barrel near the breech ? The proof marks are small and lightly stamped sometimes. If European the proof marks will tell you the country of origin and maybe a timeline. I would also check the inside of the lock for any markings.

I have English and Belgium single barrel fowlers of the that same time period as yours and you cant have just one as its a slippery slope <G>. Again nice find.

Thanks,
O.R.

Back