• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New CVA .50 Rifle and Jukar .45 pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg98adams

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I attended the last NRA Black Powder Instructor courses (Pistol and Shotgun) I needed, recently.

Now, I have NRA Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun - (to include Black Powder for all 3) Instructor, as well as CRSO and NRA Training Counselor.

The NRA Training Counselor was getting out of Black Powder instructor biz, so I picked up a couple of his classroom unfired trainers ....

A CVA .50 Hawken style Rifle (unfired), and a Jukar single shot pistol (also unfired).

Both need external cleaning and oiling but function...

I may sell the rifle on to someone in the last Muzzle Loader Rifle course I taught, who will use it with Boy Scouts (my primary focus), but the pistol is going to be part of my Black Powder range guns (and I am going to shoot it, :hatsoff: ).

I am into these for $175... so I think I did ok.

MadDuckBP_Guns.jpg
:thumbsup:

"...so I think I did ok".

I think you did better than OK! Though neither are fancy, they are both good shooters and if you don't keep the rifle, it'll make your student a good starting piece for this sport. Good going! :thumbsup:

+1...

My older cap-lock, .50 caliber CVA Hunter/Hawken (28-inch barrel) shoots 3-shot clover-leafs using 47 grains of FFFg Swiss or Goex using a thin over-powder vegetable wad.

My older cap-lock, .50 caliber CVA Hunter/Carbine (24-inch barrel) does the same thing using 70 grains of FFFg Swiss.

It seems these older CVAs are very accurate rifles.

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

They shoot? U did fine. But there's a promise in that bargain... To pass it on!

:thumbsup: Or pass it back! I bought an unmentionable ruger from a old boss and got it for bout what a pawn shop would have gave him on pawn ($65.00) with the under standing if I ever let it go he got first dibs. I will not let it go cuz wife has claimed it! But if I did he would get it back for the same $65.00 I paid him!

:eek:ff Did a "buddy" a favor on a toyota truck once too, $200,00 and he sold it to a relative after getting a DWI. No longer a buddy. :eek:ff

Latest posts

Back