• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Cocked hat with ribbon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Someone wanted a cocked hat, so I made them one. This one has a fancy ribbon, not a proper cockade, as I couldn't find a material I liked for that, but a fairly simple ribbon for decoration (it's removeable if they decide they like the plain hat better.)

On this one, I used a proper lacing to hold the sides of the hat to the brim. I picked up a braided leather belt at the thrift store, and unbraided it to get some black leather for the lacing. The felt on the hat is easy to cut with a 5/32 hole punch - you don't even need a hammer, just a board to press the hole punch against while you twist it to make the holes.

A total of three silk ties were sacrificed to make the binding and the ribbon.

Total cost: $4.50 for the hat, 75 cents for the belt, and $3.00 for the ties, so under $8.25 for a reasonably correct hat, more or less.

Attachments

• Hat on head.jpg
    Hat on head.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
  • Belt.jpg
    Belt.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Hat brim.jpg
    Hat brim.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Hat.jpg
    Hat.jpg