• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NEW ALLEN MARTIN BERKS SCHIMMEL

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob McBride

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally talked Al out of another one of his Schimmels. He finished it a few months ago. He calls it a Peter Angstadt inspired, Berks/Lehigh, with a touch of Bucks. Sort of a Blue Mtn (Where Dixon's muzzleloader shop is) Kutztown Schimmel..... .54 Cal Getz Oct-Rnd 44 1/2". 7lbs. Large Siler. Maple. Notice a little more comb than his normal Rupp or Lehigh. Perfect. I'm working my way towards a full AM collection. I now have a .58, .54, and .50 by Al. The other two are Lancasters. Enjoy. Merry Christmas all.

IMG_0565.JPG
IMG_0568.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0569.JPG
IMG_0566.JPG

Last edited:
What happened to the H. House buy? Couldn't find one...just curious as I imagine they are pretty hard to get your hands on. Can't go wrong with an Allen Martin collection. Merry Christmas.

Dave

What happened to the H. House buy? Couldn't find one...just curious as I imagine they are pretty hard to get your hands on. Can't go wrong with an Allen Martin collection. Merry Christmas.

Dave

I'm still working it. It's turned out to be much more of a chore than I thought to pry it out of this guys fingers but we're slowly getting somewhere....

Thanks fellers, Merry Christmas!

I think I'm leaning towards this style for a build this summer. I'll probably get some grief for it, but I'm leaning towards a piece of wormy Chestnut for the build. I may go full poor boy or may add some inlays, heel and toe plates, etc.. We'll see, but I like this one a lot.

Beautiful rifle Bob. Congratulations and merry Christmas! I hope you will make a video about the history of this kind of rifle and of you shooting it.

I finally talked Al out of another one of his Schimmels. He finished it a few months ago. He calls it a Peter Angstadt inspired, Berks/Lehigh, with a touch of Bucks. Sort of a Blue Mtn (Where Dixon's muzzleloader shop is) Kutztown Schimmel..... .54 Cal Getz Oct-Rnd 44 1/2". 7lbs. Large Siler. Maple. Notice a little more comb than his normal Rupp or Lehigh. Perfect. I'm working my way towards a full AM collection. I now have a .58, .54, and .50 by Al. The other two are Lancasters. Enjoy. Merry Christmas all.

View attachment 55699View attachment 55700View attachment 55701View attachment 55702View attachment 55703
Beautiful rifle Bob, and congrats on getting another Allen Martin gun! Love your videos. Keep up the good work!

Bob,

I was just over to Allen’s shop today to shoot the breeze. We mostly talked about the doe we both bagged on Monday but he also showed me the current project on his bench, fawned over the Shroyer rifle made by Chris Warner I had brought by for him to check out, and let me handle this schimmel. All I can say is she’s a beaut! Light weight and holds steady. You did well. Word of warning though...I think he’s planning on hunting most of this week so you might not see this see it until after the new year 😜 No seriously I don’t know when he plans to ship but it will be worth the wait.

Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer

Bob,

I was just over to Allen’s shop today to shoot the breeze. We mostly talked about the doe we both bagged on Monday but he also showed me the current project on his bench, fawned over the Shroyer rifle made by Chris Warner I had brought by for him to check out, and let me handle this schimmel. All I can say is she’s a beaut! Light weight and holds steady. You did well. Word of warning though...I think he’s planning on hunting most of this week so you might not see this see it until after the new year 😜 No seriously I don’t know when he plans to ship but it will be worth the wait.

Best Regards,

Josh Sawyer

Thats awesome Josh, thanks for sharing. I hope to make it up there one of these days. I’m glad you got to handle her and that she holds steady. I saw it and talked with Al about it at the Fall Frolic but never picked her up off the rack. I was too busy filming the show. I did look her over really well though and that funky Angstadt butt kept popping into my head so I eventually had to have her. Three AM Schimmels and I’ve managed to not get a Lehigh yet, so there will always be reason to get another.:)

And hunting is always a good excuse for being late in my book....

Also, I’m excited to shoulder her because she has a very similar drop to my favorite southern guns so I think she’s going to give me a good sight picture pretty naturally.

Last edited:
Thats awesome Josh, thanks for sharing. I hope to make it up there one of these days. I’m glad you got to handle her and that she holds steady. I saw it and talked with Al about it at the Fall Frolic but never picked her up off the rack. I was too busy filming the show. I did look her over really well though and that funky Angstadt butt kept popping into my head so I eventually had to have her. Three AM Schimmels and I’ve managed to not get a Lehigh yet, so there will always be reason to get another.:)

Also, I’m excited to shoulder her because she has a very similar drop to my favorite southern guns so I think she’s going to give me a good sight picture pretty naturally.

I saw it hanging on his gun rack and was like “so you haven’t sent this to Bob yet huh?” Lol. Then he told me all about how you acquired it as I proceeded to drool all over it. Don’t worry...I don’t have COVID 🤣

Last edited:

Congratulations bob enjoy her

Back