• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nessmuck folder-Pre 1865?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeye

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Always liked the nessmuck knives so thought I'd try making a folder, this is the results, Thanks for looking.
Deadeye
007-7.jpg

Don't know if it looks like a Nessmuck, but it do look good. Looks pretty handy too with the blade shape. Would go great in a possible's bag.

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate your comments.
I was thinking Nessmuck but it's kinda hard to get the exact shape in a 3" blade. I had that piece of Elk antler and also made the blade to fit the antler.
Blademaker, yep it's going into one of my bags, it's a good skinning design.
Deadeye

yep it's going into one of my bags

Dang, I was hopin' it was going in my Christmas stocking. :(

:haha:

That's a sweet looking little folding knife Deadeye. You done good. :thumbsup:

Very nice! Tell me please is there anything other than your hand that keeps the blade open? I understand the term "friction folder", but is there a lock of any sort?

Mike Brines said:
Very nice! Tell me please is there anything other than your hand that keeps the blade open? I understand the term "friction folder", but is there a lock of any sort?

Mike on a true friction folder the friction at the pivot pin and the hand are what holds them open, no lock.

There is a type of lock back folder that dates back to the 1800's. It had a spring on the outside on the spine of the knife. Once locked you released it with the use of a ring. I am having a brain fart this morning and can't think for the life of me what they are called. Wick is the man that can answer this question. Maybe he will chime in.

Mike, yep, it's your hand on the blade extention
that holds it open and also it's very friction tight.
Deadeye

Back