• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Navy arms shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all been a while since I’ve posted but I’m getting the bp itch again so here we go. I will be picking up the guns in the picture below. I have tried to hide the contemporary ml in spirit of the site. I’m wondering if anyone can identify the gun on the bottom. The owner tells me it’s a navy arms shotgun, 12ga he thinks. I’ve tried searching and I can’t find anything. Looks like a brass receiver? I have not laid eyes on them yet.
Hope this is ok, thanks all!
Russ

Attachments

• IMG_3345.jpeg
    IMG_3345.jpeg
    620.3 KB · Views: 6
The “ Morse” rifles I have seen very few of them. I’ve never seen one in 12 gauge!

This shotgun is pictured in the 1979 "GUNS ILLUSTRATED" with the following comments: Morse/Navy single barrel shotgun, 12 gauge, 26 " barrel, weight 5 pounds, length 41 1/2" overall, brass receiver, etc. Price then was $125 and was sold by Navy Arms

This shotgun is pictured in the 1979 "GUNS ILLUSTRATED" with the following comments: Morse/Navy single barrel shotgun, 12 gauge, 26 " barrel, weight 5 pounds, length 41 1/2" overall, brass receiver, etc. Price then was $125 and was sold by Navy Arms
The gentleman says that the barrel of both the navy and Kentucky are in poor shape but could be brought back with some tlc. I’ll see about that but itll be worth a shot.

Firearm Identification​

Need help identifying an original, pre-1865 muzzleloading firearm? If you already know what it is, post in the appropriate forums.

Latest posts

Back