• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mystery Kentucky Flintlocks?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vhe

32 Cal
Reaction score
I found these at an estate sale years ago and trying to identify what exactly they are.

Obviously they're Kentucky style flintlock pistols.
I can't find any writing on them except for I'm guessing a serial number on each of them:

Anyone here recognize a model number and who made them?

Context:
I bought them alongside a pair of Remington 1858 black powder revolvers, from the estate of a supposed civil war reenactor.

Attachments

• PXL_20231122_165654092.jpg
    PXL_20231122_165654092.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20231122_165917532.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231122_165917532.MP.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
ahh, do they not normally have the engraving in the wood? That might explain why I was having trouble finding a matching picture.
No they do not usually have relief carving on them. Rifles during the 1760-1800 period would, pistols seldom did, especially during the percussion period, which would be after 1820 or so.

Those are common Traditions Arms or CVA Kentucky pistols. Both companies offered the same from the same Spanish supply house in the late 1970's through 1990's.
Someone has done some extensive relief carving on them, but did neglect the proper fitting of the components to the stock. It's a common thing found when someone that thinks they have artistic skills with wood carving to use a historic firearm venue as display.
Sorry to say, but your representation here does not demonstrate an as valued or saute after pieces.
They are nice, and they are done by someone with some skill, but not of Master craftsmen value.

Those are Jukar/ CVA pistols. Probably from the late 1960’s to mid to late 1970’s. I have one of those from 1973. They are early versions based on the stamped flat triggers. Yours might be a little later because of the dovetailed front sight. That came out after I got mine.

And the rear sight is on backwards on at least one of them. Still nice pistols. :cool:

Latest posts

Back